What to buy or have built? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Jigging & Popping Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2015, 05:09 PM   #1
spurgersalty
Solidarity for what????

spurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Pirate
What to buy or have built?

Looking at purchasing or having built a new jigging rod.
Wanting something with a lot of backbone(80-120# class), fairly light, 1 piece, spinning, and fairly short(5'6"-6'). Would be outfitted with a cabo 80 or 100 loaded with JB 100 HC.
Uses: all around jigging, horsing large grouper and AJs out of rigs if necessary, and tuna jigging/chunking.
$400 ceiling.
What are your recommendations.
BTW, I'm looking at heavy duty as I already have a few setups in the midsize range. Wont hurt(IMO) to have a hardcore heavy duty handy.
spurgersalty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2015, 07:23 PM   #2
spurgersalty
Solidarity for what????

spurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by nook View Post
Lol
Well, I can't seem to figure out how to dumb it down for you joshk. I have yet to find Rosetta stone dumbass or a crayon font.
Give me a hint. Let me help you.
If you're unable to assist in this endeavor due to other circumstances, it would be in your best interests to just graciously bow out.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:44 PM   #3
red34

red34 has been promoted to Piratered34 has been promoted to Piratered34 has been promoted to Piratered34 has been promoted to Piratered34 has been promoted to Piratered34 has been promoted to Piratered34 has been promoted to Piratered34 has been promoted to Piratered34 has been promoted to Piratered34 has been promoted to Piratered34 has been promoted to Pirate
I use the 400g for heavy fishing and the 500g for purely meat hauling here in the gulf
red34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2015, 07:47 PM   #4
spurgersalty
Solidarity for what????

Quote:
Originally Posted by nook View Post
jajajaja.....not working . How about this , certainly a great jigging starting package and it suits you awesomely
Well, that was cute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by red34 View Post
I use the 400g for heavy fishing and the 500g for purely meat hauling here in the gulf
Rod manufacturer?
Old 08-15-2015, 11:14 PM   #5
red34

red34 has been promoted to Piratered34 has been promoted to Piratered34 has been promoted to Piratered34 has been promoted to Piratered34 has been promoted to Piratered34 has been promoted to Piratered34 has been promoted to Piratered34 has been promoted to Piratered34 has been promoted to Piratered34 has been promoted to Piratered34 has been promoted to Pirate
We are a manufacturer. Our blanks are Toray carbon and moderately fast in action. I designed them for use around our oil rigs and for better boat side control. If you prefer parabolic action, JM and Black Hole might be more suited for you. Both sell blanks and are top quality.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:31 AM   #6
spurgersalty
Solidarity for what????

Quote:
Originally Posted by red34 View Post
We are a manufacturer. Our blanks are Toray carbon and moderately fast in action. I designed them for use around our oil rigs and for better boat side control. If you prefer parabolic action, JM and Black Hole might be more suited for you. Both sell blanks and are top quality.
Do you have a dealer in the Beaumont area?
Old 08-17-2015, 08:50 PM   #7
red34

Not really. You can get our blanks from Mudhole.com and our site
Old 08-19-2015, 03:23 PM   #8
Ernest
Registered Users-pm+

Ernest has disabled reputation
OTI is good people. I love their rods. Buy with confidence.
Ernest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2015, 03:58 PM   #9
spurgersalty
Solidarity for what????

Thanks, Ernest, for the input.
I already have 2 of their rods(tuna sniper and ocean extreme popper), was just looking at a custom build.
As it stands, I'll be having the new rod built with one of their fathom blade jigging blanks, 5'4", 80-120lbs.

The captain on our most recent Venice trip was highly impressed with their ocean extreme popping rod that I let him test drive. He used it multiple time during the trip, for the heck of it.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:06 AM   #10
lite-liner
Sea kitten serial killer

lite-liner has been promoted to Piratelite-liner has been promoted to Piratelite-liner has been promoted to Piratelite-liner has been promoted to Piratelite-liner has been promoted to Piratelite-liner has been promoted to Piratelite-liner has been promoted to Piratelite-liner has been promoted to Piratelite-liner has been promoted to Piratelite-liner has been promoted to Piratelite-liner has been promoted to Pirate
pm sent
lite-liner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message