2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Chicks are coming Soon

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  FishingMudGuy 
#1 ·
I'm ready for my 15 chicks from MurrayMcMurray. Should be here in 10 days or less. I got the ones that lay dark eggs. The typical Black,White and Red variety plus one Exotic they throw in for free. No roosters. Time to play Farmer John!!:texasflag

#3 ·
My nephew has lost his mind. He already has 50 layers working getting about 3 dozen eggs per day now and he just got 60 more chicks. He only has one rooster now, talk about a busy dude!!!!! But he bought 3 or 4 more on this last batch.

He got his from a feed store near him but they all probably come from the same place as yours.

#6 ·
Picked my chicks up this morning and they are in good shape. Dipped their beaks in sugar water and they took to the feed that was laying on paper right off. Temp. is at 92*, 18" below the infrared heat light and they are churping (sp.) away.
Can't say as I will have eggs for sale. Having only 15 birds, not sure what the average egg count will be a day. Their should be a lot of folks in San Leon raising chickens. Somebody out that way has a hatchery and sells birds from what I read on the ole' PC.
Thanks Murray McMurray......your chicks made it here OK....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.