What to buy or have built? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Jigging & Popping Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2015, 11:58 AM   #11
ksong

ksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirate
Choosing a jigging rod is like choosing a car.
You choose a car based on your budget and your taste.
I am sure you are not going to choose a new car without any history.
There are many new brand rods by OEM from China and they promote heavily even they never fished with the rods.

OTI rods have been around and many fishermen actually fish with the rods.

llengerbank731Hbigeye2_zps9ojxgdow.jpg[/IMG][/URL]Our Black Hole rods are same. We test our rods intensively and extensively for years.
Here is a pictures.

350 lb giant with BH Cape Cod Special 450g spinning

760 lb giant with custom BH Cape Cod Special 450g rod

with BH Cape Cod Special 350g rod

260 lb yft with BH Cape Cod Special 250g rod

170 lb yft with BH Cape Cod Special 150g rod

150 lb halibut with BH Cape Cod Special 80g rod.

There are some advantage of using longer jigging rods, especially on party boats.
I can recommend C7'3" Black Hole Challenger Bank 731H model.
The rod is mere 10 oz, but has enough backbone and power.
Here are big bigeye caught with the rod.

Last edited by ksong; 08-27-2015 at 12:10 PM.
ksong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2015, 02:24 PM   #12
V-Bottom
Cert.Weigh Master,since 1999

V-Bottom has been promoted to PirateV-Bottom has been promoted to PirateV-Bottom has been promoted to PirateV-Bottom has been promoted to PirateV-Bottom has been promoted to PirateV-Bottom has been promoted to PirateV-Bottom has been promoted to PirateV-Bottom has been promoted to PirateV-Bottom has been promoted to PirateV-Bottom has been promoted to PirateV-Bottom has been promoted to Pirate
Nice fish and I envy you folks that can do this type of fishing....I sure would like to catch one of those before I leave this world.
V-Bottom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2015, 09:46 PM   #13
hog
Lifes 2 Short 2 B So Serious All Da Time

hog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Pirate
I am having this EXACT thing built as I type.

Ive owned the exact rod before. 7'r which seems a bit long for some, but awesome light 80# class rod, great tip for working jigs, One Hell of a Back bone. Calstar E-Glass H Rod.

I'm hoping to get it finished this week and on tuna in Venice by mid September with My Stella 18000 bolted to it....

I'll post picture when its all done.

Also have been looking at the Black Hole blanks that MudHole is now carrying for rod builders...

Hog
hog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2015, 05:16 AM   #14
hog
Lifes 2 Short 2 B So Serious All Da Time

hog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by hog View Post
I am having this EXACT thing built as I type.

Ive owned the exact rod before. 7'r which seems a bit long for some, but awesome light 80# class rod, great tip for working jigs and casting poppers or chunking, One Hell of a Back bone. Calstar graphite/E-Glass H Rod.

I'm hoping to get it finished this week and on tuna in Venice by mid September with My Stella 18000 bolted to it....

I'll post picture when its all done.

Also have been looking at the Black Hole blanks that MudHole is now carrying for rod builders...

Hog
I will say this. I NOW understand why top end quality rods cost so much made by a quality and well known Rod Craftsman. And its not because they are making money hands over foot to build it...
After going and buying the Blank, the top quality Rod guides, the Eva foam, the quality reel seat, rod butt, string, glue etc... I have about $300 tied up in it JUST IN PARTS.
hog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message