Is Braid line easier to get tangled or backlash? - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Line Class Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2020, 04:18 PM   #21
Ryan H.
Registered Users-pm+

Ryan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to Pirate
I agree, I resisted switching, and took a bit to get used to, but now I won't go back, Mono or rather flouro, is for leaders.
Ryan H. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2020, 04:48 PM   #22
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
I’ll never use anything but braid anymore, but man that stuff ties knots by itself that I didn’t even know were possible to tie
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2021, 08:56 AM   #23
JimD
JimD

JimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to Pirate
I went to braid when it came out and have run thru a lot of the problems.

I went to 30 from 20 lb line, Braid has to be put on the spool very tightly (helps the line not dig into the spool when a good fish is on)

First thing to do is go throw your different baits and learn where the spool tension knob likes to be with that bait ( If not the spool over runs the bait and guess what you can get)

If you are an old guy before all the fancy knobs you learned to use your thumb to control the spool when casting. It still works.

Never throw into the wind till you have the above correct otherwise lol

Never hit your rod on a cast a one of a kind backlash is guaranteed.

I used to throw old greenies but went to the expensive lews and I do not have many problems if the spool control is set for that bait and the line wound tightly on the reel. Check your line every once in a while to see if you have a loose wrap from long throws that can build up and cause problems.

When you do clean up a back lash be careful where the line is when you pull the line out OR you can have a worse problem when trying to wind the line back on the reel. Be safe and have fun. Jim
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2021, 05:13 PM   #24
Gofish2day
Registered Users-pm+

Gofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to Pirate
A spinning reel is more forgiving with braid. Just saying. I can't throw a bait caster to save my life
Gofish2day is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2021, 08:20 PM   #25
just plain bill
Registered Users-pm+

just plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Pirate
yup! and i throw from directly overhand. might get a tangle once in 2000 casts, usually from casting into the wind. and nanofil untangles faster than anything.
just plain bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2021, 08:43 AM   #26
playinhooky
Registered Users-pm+

playinhooky has been promoted to Pirateplayinhooky has been promoted to Pirateplayinhooky has been promoted to Pirateplayinhooky has been promoted to Pirateplayinhooky has been promoted to Pirateplayinhooky has been promoted to Pirateplayinhooky has been promoted to Pirateplayinhooky has been promoted to Pirateplayinhooky has been promoted to Pirateplayinhooky has been promoted to Pirateplayinhooky has been promoted to Pirate
I do half the spool in mono, cause braid is much more expensive, and it doesn't take as long to get the braid packed in tight. My buddy does the full spool with tape method and when the exposed portion starts getting fuzzy back spools onto another reel with a mono backing.
playinhooky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message