2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Pizza on the Big Green Egg video is up now!!

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  apilinariosilvia 
#1 ·

We finally bought a Pizza stone for the BGE so we decided to record our first attempt. Super fun vid to make and the pizzas were amazing!

#2 · (Edited)
Kamado grills are perfect for pizza. I’ve made many a great pizza on the Kamado. If you have a bread machine, you can make great fresh dough. If you like, you can make extra and freeze it for later use.

You will want to get a good pizza slide, that way, you can get the stone fully up to temperature then slide the fresh pizza onto the hot stone. As you noted, little corn meal sprinkled on the slide and stone will stop it from sticking. Your stone looks a little smaller than what I use. A larger stone will prevent the burnt edges.

Good looking pizza, now I’m hungry.

#3 ·
Kamado grills are perfect for pizza. I’ve made many a great pizza on the Kamado. If you have a bread machine, you can make great fresh dough. If you like, you can make extra and freeze it for later use.

You will want to get a good pizza slide, that way, you can get the stone fully up to temperature then slide the fresh pizza onto the hot stone. As you noted, little corn meal sprinkled on the slide and stone will stop it from sticking. Your stone looks a little smaller than what I use. A larger stone will prevent the burnt edges.

Good looking pizza, now I’m hungry.
Thank you for the great advice, that was a ton of fun and we for sure have some better ideas on improving it next time!!! Glad you liked the vid

#4 ·
I’ve done pizza on my BGE. Cooking pizza at 700 degrees just outdoes anything that can be done in an in the house oven. Nothing better than a margherita pizza or the even more simple caprese, fresh Roma type tomatoes, fresh basil, fresh mozzarella, a little Parmigiano Reggiano, a little good EVOO and a drizzle of viscous well aged balsamic vinegar. The hardest part I’ve found is getting the dough right, not too wet and sticky as to transfer well to the hot stone. Bread, instead of all purpose, flour helps make a better crust, imo. My daughter makes the best pizza dough in the family, but she’s part Italian, must be in her blood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.