2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Rebuild: 1974 aquasport 222

19K views 61 replies 21 participants last post by  beauxedup 
#1 ·
The time has finally come for our rebuild. George at South Texas boatworks has just begun to starting on the rebuild and we can not be more excited. He will be redoing everything (stringers, transom, deck, cap, storage, etc. He has been a pleasure to work with and is very knowledgable about the rebuilding process, and by what we have seen from his work, we are ready to see him work his magic. We have also been working with Benny at Fusion custom aluminum for our tower build. He also has been awesome to work with because he is very good at sending updating pictures every week and he brought our idea of the tower we want to life, and we cannot be more pleased. He is almost finished with the tower, all he has left is the t-top part of it and a couple more aluminum pieces to weld. I will recommend him 100% to anyone who needs custom aluminum work. I will be uploading pictures of the rebuild as I receive them, and attached will be before pictures and a picture of the almost completed tower. I hope yall enjoy!

#2 ·
Pics... not quite sure how to rotate some of the pictures

Attachments

#5 ·
George did my Shallow Sport a couple of years ago. I recommend him to everyone. The only problem with George is the wait for him to get to your boat. Then it goes fast. As we waited in line my son asked me why we had to wait. I explain that if George was not any good, nobody would have him do the work. Sometimes you have to wait to have the work done right and good. Well worth the wait.

My Shallow Sports went from an ugly duckling to a swan. Keep pictures coming.

#9 ·
A little update for ya'll...Some pics of the nearly completed tower, all she needs is upholstery and the canvas to be put on. I cannot give Benny at Fusion Custom Aluminum enough credit for the work he has done. It is exactly what we pictured it to be like. He has done an amazing job. Enjoy the couple of pics...

Attachments

#19 ·
Lookin good. Tortuga was a 215 and was perfect boat except it came with 150 HP.. Upgraded to 200 when the 150 finally blew up and it made all the difference in the world.. Hang all the HP off the stern it will take... You will be happy.... Aquasport/Wellcraft is the boat of choice in Florida.. will run fairly shallow and great in heavy chop...

#24 ·
Its been a busy month, I haven't had time to get out there to check it out myself because almost every weekend I have something going on. I'm sure George has got some work done on her, I just haven't received any more pics yet. I'll be sure to post pics once I get them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.