Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB > TTMB
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #1
JimD
JimD

JimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to Pirate
What has happened to the Houston Chronicle's OutDoors Section?

What Happened to the Houston Chronicle?

Remember when Bob Brister was the OutDoor Hunting and Fishing King and Joe Doggett had hair?

What has happened to the Houston Chronicle OutDoors Section since then?

Probably 10 years ago I called to see why the picture of an extremely large high scoring deer picture was not placed in the paper and was told that the paper usually received 1000+ angry letters and calls over dead animal pictures so they did not want any pictures for that reason. He could not answer the question of why this few kept the other million hunters and fishermen from getting to see the px. No answer other they did not complain about it. Over the years most of the editors in charge of the OutDoors section writers have not even been people who hunt and fish. They run the paper because most of our writers were out in the woods or out on the bay.

Remember when you had a great Hunting and Fishing section on Thursday and Sunday?

Now what do you get?

Not much on Sunday maybe one or possibly two articles with none of the banner that used to go with the OutDoors section for both days. Today there is a nice page up for once but, “Where are our Houston Writers?”.

We have contract writers from San Antonio Writing for the Houston Paper listing People and places from SA not Houston for all the main page.

On the back page we have one article from a Houston OutDoors writer Dealing with “Gray Squirrels invade England” for 3/4th the article then a brief mention of Texas’s wildlife invaders. Other than pay for part of his trip to England why spend that much time on England’s Gray squirrel?

What happened to our Outdoors Hunting and Fishing Sections?

Someone had an article up from David S, OutDoors writer for the Corpus paper David usually has good articles up on current hunting and fishing. If no one in Houston can write then why not get David’s work up here?

Seems Houston is in last place behind SA and Corpus both with more OutDoors articles on current topics. Why?
JimD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2008, 07:27 PM   #2
fishsmart
Excel, it's easy to be average

fishsmart has been promoted to Piratefishsmart has been promoted to Piratefishsmart has been promoted to Piratefishsmart has been promoted to Piratefishsmart has been promoted to Piratefishsmart has been promoted to Piratefishsmart has been promoted to Piratefishsmart has been promoted to Piratefishsmart has been promoted to Piratefishsmart has been promoted to Piratefishsmart has been promoted to Pirate
Wonder if Tree Huggers and PETA are in control of the Houston Comical!!!

Charles
fishsmart is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2008, 07:28 PM   #3
Bull Fish
Know it, Love it, Kill it, and Grill it!

Bull Fish has been promoted to PirateBull Fish has been promoted to PirateBull Fish has been promoted to PirateBull Fish has been promoted to PirateBull Fish has been promoted to PirateBull Fish has been promoted to PirateBull Fish has been promoted to PirateBull Fish has been promoted to PirateBull Fish has been promoted to PirateBull Fish has been promoted to PirateBull Fish has been promoted to Pirate
Brew

If I recall correctly Joe Doggett retired a few years back. It was in the sports section with his final article. Needless to say since that day I have yet to sudscribe to the paper.
Bull Fish is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2008, 07:34 PM   #4
bullethead
Registered Users-pm+

bullethead is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bullethead is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bullethead is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bullethead is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bullethead is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bullethead is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bullethead is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bullethead is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bullethead is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bullethead is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bullethead is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I canceled our subscription about 7 years ago. I'm not a liberal guy and I don't enjoy their liberal perspective on every single issue - I don't think I was alone - look at their readership - falling like a rock and they still don't get it.

I liked all of the outdoor writers for the Chronicle but most have died, retired or moved on - and so have I.
bullethead is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2008, 07:45 PM   #5
Bull Fish
Know it, Love it, Kill it, and Grill it!

Bull Fish has been promoted to PirateBull Fish has been promoted to PirateBull Fish has been promoted to PirateBull Fish has been promoted to PirateBull Fish has been promoted to PirateBull Fish has been promoted to PirateBull Fish has been promoted to PirateBull Fish has been promoted to PirateBull Fish has been promoted to PirateBull Fish has been promoted to PirateBull Fish has been promoted to Pirate
Joe's last article was FEbuary 4, 2007. I know this because I saved the article. The reason is that my now 7 year old would have me read him the fishing reports. That was at 5:30A.M... Wish I had some pics from our trip that trip he caught his Keeper Red that day.
Bull Fish is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #6
Mont
Founder

Mont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to Pirate
this thread is closed, due to an exact duplicate on another forum. I would personally appreciate it if I don't have to close any of your future threads, Jim. You seem to cross post them quite often.
Mont is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread