Favorite Charcoal Grill - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > BBQ & Grilling Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2018, 09:08 AM   #1
DA REEL DADDY
Registered Users-pm+

DA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to Pirate
Favorite Charcoal Grill

I've been using an old smokey for quite a while now. The Weber grill I'm using at the deer lease I've been impressed with and really like it. It's one of those that's built onto a table so there's room to lay your steaks and chicken down. Now that my Smokies on the last leg I'm thinking about buying a Weber. I'm just looking for suggestions maybe there's some other grills out there. I would like to get something I could roll back and forth from under my patio cover and keep it stored under my patio cover.

Whether you found one that's custom-made or a shop that makes them, or commercial all your opinions will be appreciate it thanks.

By the way, I'm going to stick with charcoal so I'm not interested in propane grills right now.
DA REEL DADDY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2018, 11:21 AM   #2
fishit
mortgage banker

fishit has been promoted to Piratefishit has been promoted to Piratefishit has been promoted to Piratefishit has been promoted to Piratefishit has been promoted to Piratefishit has been promoted to Piratefishit has been promoted to Piratefishit has been promoted to Piratefishit has been promoted to Piratefishit has been promoted to Piratefishit has been promoted to Pirate
Char griller akorn. Can get temps high for searing. Can smoke as well. Best bang for buck if charcoal is fuel source.
fishit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2018, 12:19 PM   #3
wakeupluis
Registered Users-pm+

wakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Pirate
any Kamado style grill. I have a Big Joe
wakeupluis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2018, 01:53 PM   #4
ibtbone
John 3:16

ibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirate
weber kettle

i am a fan of the weber kettle grills. i have had the little one that you speak of also, great for traveling. i have the full size kettle at home and one at the deer lease. i have had the old smokey also, but have always preferred the kettle.
if you are a sams member, or have a friend who is, i would look really hard at the model they have branded with their own name. looks just like a weber. feels sturdy, looks well made, has the ash can like the upgraded weber grills also. just my opinion though. the weber is very versatile
ibtbone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2018, 08:10 PM   #5
TXplugger
><)))))> ~------------

TXplugger has been promoted to PirateTXplugger has been promoted to PirateTXplugger has been promoted to PirateTXplugger has been promoted to PirateTXplugger has been promoted to PirateTXplugger has been promoted to PirateTXplugger has been promoted to PirateTXplugger has been promoted to PirateTXplugger has been promoted to PirateTXplugger has been promoted to PirateTXplugger has been promoted to Pirate
My old man had a Weber kettle for as long as I could remember so naturally I inherited one when I went off to college. Have a 22" and a 26" in the backyard now. Can sear steaks at 600-700 deg F or smoke brisket low and slow. Love mine.
TXplugger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2018, 08:01 AM   #6
karstopo
Registered Users-pm+

karstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Pirate
The things that are nice about the Kamado style, I’ve got the Large BGE, is that they can go direct or indirect heat and offer really hot, 700 degrees or go low and slow for all day and night without adding more fuel to everything in between and do it with precise temperature control. Plus, they hardly use any fuel, they don’t keep burning up the charcoal once you shut the air flow off. I can do many cooks with a 20 pound bag of lump charcoal. And they don’t seem to wear out or rust out. I’ve change a gasket, that’s about it.

The downsides are they aren’t portable. The cook surface isn’t all that big. And they cost more to get into, but after a while, that probably evens out with having to buy less fuel and not having them burn or rust out.

It’s like having a grill and an oven and a smoker rolled into one unit. I use an electric starter and those last a long time. They cost about $10. No lighter fluid to buy. Lump charcoal burns with a lot less ash and waste. I put chunks of whatever wood, oak, Cherry, hickory, orange, I want to add flavor.
karstopo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2018, 11:57 AM   #7
DA REEL DADDY
Registered Users-pm+

DA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to Pirate
I do not know much about the Kamato does the stand have wheeles where I could wheel it from under my patio to cook?
DA REEL DADDY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2018, 01:18 PM   #8
karstopo
Registered Users-pm+

karstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Pirate
They sell stands and tables with wheels.
karstopo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2018, 07:15 PM   #9
wakeupluis
Registered Users-pm+

wakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by karstopo View Post
The things that are nice about the Kamado style, I’ve got the Large BGE, is that they can go direct or indirect heat and offer really hot, 700 degrees or go low and slow for all day and night without adding more fuel to everything in between and do it with precise temperature control. Plus, they hardly use any fuel, they don’t keep burning up the charcoal once you shut the air flow off. I can do many cooks with a 20 pound bag of lump charcoal. And they don’t seem to wear out or rust out. I’ve change a gasket, that’s about it.

The downsides are they aren’t portable. The cook surface isn’t all that big. And they cost more to get into, but after a while, that probably evens out with having to buy less fuel and not having them burn or rust out.

It’s like having a grill and an oven and a smoker rolled into one unit. I use an electric starter and those last a long time. They cost about $10. No lighter fluid to buy. Lump charcoal burns with a lot less ash and waste. I put chunks of whatever wood, oak, Cherry, hickory, orange, I want to add flavor.

SPOT ON WITH MY THOUGHTS ON KAMADOS too. I use it as a pizza oven. As a smoker. As a grill. look up Costo Kamado Joe Roadshow. When they come around its about $400 off the price. But you cant go wrong with a BGE, Or any other brand. My suggestion Get the largest you are will to Pay for. Mine is 24" I believe.... Just right for me.
wakeupluis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2018, 06:25 AM   #10
TXanalogkd
Registered Users-pm+

TXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to Pirate
I love my old smokey and it has the extended legs. It's roughly 10 years old and it travels every where; camping, work, hunting, and family gatherings. I've always wanted the Weber but the smokey has room for my occasional beer can chickens.
TXanalogkd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message