Chili recipe - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > BBQ & Grilling Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2017, 10:24 PM   #1
JamesAggie
Registered Users-pm+

JamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to Pirate
Chili recipe

Anyone have a good, simple chili recipe? Mild to medium spice. I like spice, but the family not so much. I've tried several recipes but they are all mediocre.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
JamesAggie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2017, 10:35 PM   #2
JFolm
Unorthodox Millenial

JFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to Pirate
Search on here. RB II has a good one that I cut in half and did for my family. There are a ton of chili threads on here.
JFolm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2017, 11:30 PM   #3
notthatdeep
Registered Users-pm+

notthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Pirate
Here's mine. You can make more complicated by type of meat or brand/type of chili powder.

Quick Chili

1 lb ground or chopped beef
8oz can of tomato sauce
1 onion chopped fine
2+ cloves garlic chopped fine
1 Tbs cumin
2-4 Tbs chili powder to taste
1+ cup beef broth
Salt & pepper to taste
Cayenne and paprika optional

Brown meat in pan. Add onions and sautee' until soft. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute. Stir in chili powder and cumin then tomato sauce and beef broth and bring to slow bubble simmer. Simmer 30 min. Check and adjust for seasoning.
notthatdeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2017, 11:38 PM   #4
glenbo
Banned

glenbo has been promoted to Pirateglenbo has been promoted to Pirateglenbo has been promoted to Pirateglenbo has been promoted to Pirateglenbo has been promoted to Pirateglenbo has been promoted to Pirateglenbo has been promoted to Pirateglenbo has been promoted to Pirateglenbo has been promoted to Pirateglenbo has been promoted to Pirateglenbo has been promoted to Pirate
We use Adams brand chili powder, has the best taste for our taste buds.
glenbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2017, 10:44 AM   #5
POP A TOP 1
Registered Users-pm+

POP A TOP 1 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPOP A TOP 1 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPOP A TOP 1 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPOP A TOP 1 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPOP A TOP 1 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPOP A TOP 1 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPOP A TOP 1 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPOP A TOP 1 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPOP A TOP 1 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPOP A TOP 1 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPOP A TOP 1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Chili recipe

This may seem sacralicious but-----Wick Fowler chili mix(w/beans)Simple and hard to beat
POP A TOP 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2017, 01:10 PM   #6
daddyeaux
Cajun 2 da Bone

daddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Pirate
It's not chili if it has beans in it.
daddyeaux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2017, 01:20 PM   #7
gigem87
your not gonna catch anything

gigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirate
We did a turkey and a giant brisket for Thanksgiving. Had a lot of brisket left over, so I chopped it up and made chili out of it. Different, but not half bad.

I use the Two Alarm stuff too. Add an onion or two. Pretty good and very simple to do.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
gigem87 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2017, 06:44 AM   #8
TIMBOv2
That's "V-square",not "V-twin"

TIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to Pirate
We use Fowler’s also but will try post #3 above
TIMBOv2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2017, 07:23 AM   #9
daddyeaux
Cajun 2 da Bone

daddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Pirate
Gebhardts chili powder is the best. I know HEB carries it. And it has a recipe on the jar that is very good.
daddyeaux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2017, 11:08 AM   #10
Charlie in TX
Registered Users-pm+

Charlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to Pirate
I use Fowler's or Carol Shelby's. I'm partial to Carol's but it's not everywhere. I add an onion and a couple bell peppers and use rotel instead of tomato sause.
Charlie in TX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message