Wrapping brisket question - Page 4 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > BBQ & Grilling Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2017, 07:45 AM   #31
K Man
K Man

K Man has been promoted to PirateK Man has been promoted to PirateK Man has been promoted to PirateK Man has been promoted to PirateK Man has been promoted to PirateK Man has been promoted to PirateK Man has been promoted to PirateK Man has been promoted to PirateK Man has been promoted to PirateK Man has been promoted to PirateK Man has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkBait View Post
How cool is that, we got a real cook amongst us! Nice looking place you got there BR
Thanks BR! Great looking set up. Going to stop by when I'm down your way.
K Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2017, 01:34 PM   #32
Category5
Registered Users-pm+

Category5 has been promoted to PirateCategory5 has been promoted to PirateCategory5 has been promoted to PirateCategory5 has been promoted to PirateCategory5 has been promoted to PirateCategory5 has been promoted to PirateCategory5 has been promoted to PirateCategory5 has been promoted to PirateCategory5 has been promoted to PirateCategory5 has been promoted to PirateCategory5 has been promoted to Pirate
Those look EXACTLY like Aaron Franklins pits
Category5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 12:27 PM   #33
rem260man
Registered Users-pm+

rem260man is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)rem260man is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)rem260man is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)rem260man is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)rem260man is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)rem260man is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)rem260man is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)rem260man is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)rem260man is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)rem260man is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)rem260man is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by br1006 View Post
There is no right or wrong way its ones personal preference.

However, I personally have found fat side up works for me. I cook approximately 200 briskets a week and they ALL get cooked fat side up wrapped in paper.

Heres my pits for your viewing pleasure!

Do you guys wrap in paper from the start or after you have achieved the “color” you are looking for? I cook a few hours fat up until I like the color then wrap in foil until it’s done. I hope wrapping helps ensure it’s good and tender

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rem260man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2017, 12:52 PM   #34
StinkBait
Registered Users-pm+

StinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to Pirate
Most wrap in paper when the brisket hits 165 ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StinkBait is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 01:11 PM   #35
rem260man
Registered Users-pm+

rem260man is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)rem260man is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)rem260man is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)rem260man is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)rem260man is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)rem260man is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)rem260man is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)rem260man is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)rem260man is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)rem260man is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)rem260man is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkBait View Post
Most wrap in paper when the brisket hits 165 ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rem260man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2019, 02:54 PM   #36
texasdave
Registered Users-pm+

texasdave has been promoted to Piratetexasdave has been promoted to Piratetexasdave has been promoted to Piratetexasdave has been promoted to Piratetexasdave has been promoted to Piratetexasdave has been promoted to Piratetexasdave has been promoted to Piratetexasdave has been promoted to Piratetexasdave has been promoted to Piratetexasdave has been promoted to Piratetexasdave has been promoted to Pirate
I haven't smoked a brisket yet first will be Sunday. I have been doing a lot of internet research and found interesting information about wrapping meat in foil.
Some concern about aluminum leaching into the meat. I do not know if that is true or not. I do know that ingested aluminum is being looked at as a cause of Alzheimer disease. That's all I have to say about that!
texasdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2019, 07:33 AM   #37
daddyeaux
Cajun 2 da Bone

daddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Pirate
I don't think you have to worry about aluminum leaching into your meat. That sounds a little far out there.
But wrap in butcher paper, pink preferably, not foil.
daddyeaux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2019, 09:57 AM   #38
BluewaterBandido
Registered Users-pm+

BluewaterBandido has been promoted to PirateBluewaterBandido has been promoted to PirateBluewaterBandido has been promoted to PirateBluewaterBandido has been promoted to PirateBluewaterBandido has been promoted to PirateBluewaterBandido has been promoted to PirateBluewaterBandido has been promoted to PirateBluewaterBandido has been promoted to PirateBluewaterBandido has been promoted to PirateBluewaterBandido has been promoted to PirateBluewaterBandido has been promoted to Pirate
Low and Slow 225, Fat side UP always. Pull at 197-200 (depending on meat)and let rest. Awesome bark and moist brisket! Whether your an Up or a Down guy I believe the most important thing is to not flip it throughout the cook. If it’s UP leave it up, Down leave it down. You shouldnt need or have to wrap. Only time we wrap is if we hit a dreaded stall. Then use the “Texas crutch”. Smoke On!
BluewaterBandido is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2019, 12:11 PM   #39
GWBGE
Registered Users-pm+

GWBGE has been promote to GunnerGWBGE has been promote to GunnerGWBGE has been promote to GunnerGWBGE has been promote to GunnerGWBGE has been promote to GunnerGWBGE has been promote to GunnerGWBGE has been promote to GunnerGWBGE has been promote to GunnerGWBGE has been promote to GunnerGWBGE has been promote to GunnerGWBGE has been promote to Gunner
Fat side should be facing the heat source when cooking. For most smokers, that means fat side down. Wrap in paper once it breaks through the stall. Usually between 165 and 170.

I've gone to cooking at 275. It minimizes the stall, keeps me from having to wake up at 4am to have a brisket ready for supper, yields a moister flat, and doesn't seem to affect the tenderness. Cook time is 7 to 8 hours on a typical brisket.

No one single way is best with brisket. Just find what works for you and your smoker.
GWBGE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2019, 08:40 PM   #40
Astro#2
Registered Users-pm+

Astro#2 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I’ve always trimmed my brisket to 1/4” fat cap, and then cooked the fat side up.
Astro#2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message