Port Aransas Kings? Better options? Intercostal from POC to Port A - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 04-21-2019, 10:43 PM   #1
mstang1988
Registered Users-pm+

mstang1988 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermstang1988 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermstang1988 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermstang1988 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermstang1988 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermstang1988 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermstang1988 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermstang1988 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermstang1988 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermstang1988 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermstang1988 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Port Aransas Kings? Better options? Intercostal from POC to Port A

I'm planning on running down from POC to Port A for some family time (mothers day). Any tips for Port A Kings? Any better species that would actually taste good, fight well, and reachable in state waters?

I have a 29 Everglades but I'll be taking my wife offshore for the first time. I want something that's going to be a fun catch and within state waters. I don't have time to run too far over that weekend.

Has anybody run the intercostal between POC and Port A? How much of the run do I need to watch my wake on? Would be launching from froggies.
mstang1988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2019, 07:28 AM   #2
Picudo Azul
Registered Users-pm+

Picudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to Pirate
There are some small stand pipes out of Port A. Work the ships that are on anchorage as well. Look for color changes in the ship area and offshore from them. Pick up a chart from Port A Outfitters that has the Boatmans reef and other spots that are close is you want to bottom fish. This should get you kings to pull on and with a little luck a ling or 2. End of the jetties can be good as well
Best of luck
Picudo Azul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2019, 02:22 PM   #3
TripleCfishing
Registered Users-pm+

TripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
We started our offshore adventures fishing the state waters around corpus/port a. We have caught everything from red snapper/red fish/sand trout/grouper/and many other reef fish on the near shore rigs. Kings and cobia are the big hitters around them. I've always brought a sabiki rig to catch the hardtails/greenies/mackerel and thrown them behind the boat on a stinger rig. It has been more than effective.
TripleCfishing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2019, 03:57 PM   #4
texasredzz
Snapper Sand which

texasredzz has been promoted to Piratetexasredzz has been promoted to Piratetexasredzz has been promoted to Piratetexasredzz has been promoted to Piratetexasredzz has been promoted to Piratetexasredzz has been promoted to Piratetexasredzz has been promoted to Piratetexasredzz has been promoted to Piratetexasredzz has been promoted to Piratetexasredzz has been promoted to Piratetexasredzz has been promoted to Pirate
X2 on live baits. Any stand pipe will have plenty of hard tails and watermelon shad beneath them. I like to bump troll them on a skirted stinger rig around the reefs a little further out or to the south.
texasredzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2019, 05:28 PM   #5
mstang1988
Registered Users-pm+

mstang1988 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermstang1988 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermstang1988 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermstang1988 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermstang1988 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermstang1988 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermstang1988 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermstang1988 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermstang1988 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermstang1988 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermstang1988 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
The weather is looking particularly unfriendly this week. Looks like no fishing for me but perhaps still a fun beach trip. Thanks all for the advice!
mstang1988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2019, 05:56 PM   #6
blaze 'em
Registered Users-pm+

blaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirate
There were ling on the protected side of the north jetty last weekend. It may get a little bumpy making the turn around the jetty, but in a 29' boat I bet it's probably nothing you havent seen before.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
blaze 'em is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2019, 11:47 AM   #7
Slightly Dangerous
Democrat was not always a curse word!

Slightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to Pirate
If you like kingfishing be sure to make the upcoming Texas Champions KMT at Surfside on June 7/8. There will be some serious money to be made and this is also the return of the SKA to Texas after a long siesta. Details are at www.poctoyrun.net

Hope to see you there.
Slightly Dangerous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message