Any reports? - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 04-23-2019, 06:06 AM   #21
Kenner21
Registered Users-pm+

Kenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesw View Post
Nice fish (again lol this is getting punishing!)!

As far as the eating - I think I'd also consider which one contains more mercury per serving when deciding.

https://www.fda.gov/food/foodborneil.../ucm115644.htm

GOM tilefish is at the bottom of the page.

Cheers
James
That tilefish data is from 1978, I've seen it quoted quite a few times I wouldn't mind seeing a more recent data point.
Kenner21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2019, 08:55 AM   #22
TXFishin
Relentless

TXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to Pirate
Mercury doesn't seem to be as much of an issue as previously thought

"The scientists investigated what effects cooking fish and consuming coffee or tea at the same time as eating fish had on mercury exposure. They found that broiling or frying fish such as tuna and mackerel reduced mercury exposure by 40 to 60 percent, and that drinking coffee or tea while eating raw fish reduced exposure by 50 to 60 percent. The two methods together (for cooked fish) essentially eliminatedexposure to mercury."

https://www.consumerfreedom.com/2011...-perfect-match

Relentless
TXFishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2019, 10:06 AM   #23
jamesw
Registered Users-pm+

jamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Pirate
That's a good point - thanks guys. I think there was a big plume of African dust around then that contained a lot of Mercury. It is thought to be the reason for the big diadema urchin die off in the keys.

Relentless: I love coffee and tea but I'm not sure how much credence I'd give to the consumer freedom website lol. It looks like shill "data" to me.

Cheers
James
jamesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2019, 12:50 PM   #24
TXFishin
Relentless

TXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to Pirate
Even though it's methylmercury, different than regular mercury, at the rate I get to go fishing any type mercury poisoning is the least of my issues lol, would be nice to have that kind of worry though

Relentless
TXFishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message