Titan XD Diesel - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2018, 10:11 AM   #21
Brute
Registered Users-pm+

Brute has been promoted to PirateBrute has been promoted to PirateBrute has been promoted to PirateBrute has been promoted to PirateBrute has been promoted to PirateBrute has been promoted to PirateBrute has been promoted to PirateBrute has been promoted to PirateBrute has been promoted to PirateBrute has been promoted to PirateBrute has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69RRVERT View Post
I purchased a used 4x4 Platinum Reserve '17 Titan XD diesel in October that had 12,000 miles and have been very pleased with the truck. If you need a little more towing than a 1/2 ton but not as much as a 3/4 ton, it will be a great truck. The drive and ride is great. If you need help making up your mind, check out "The Fast Lane Truck" channel on YouTube. He has a lot of real world towing and test on the Titan XD. http://www.youtube.com/user/tflcar. Do a search for the Titan XD.

My best empty mileage was 18.5 mpg. While pulling a 12' utility trailer with a Polaris Ranger crew to San Antonio and back was 11.2 mpg. I am not the person that resets the fuel mileage every tank. Currently, my truck shows around 15.5 mpg. That's around 3000 miles combination of pulling trailers and empty driving.

I can assure you that it does not and will not pull as good as the 3/4 ton diesels. My BIL has a '16 Ram 2500 diesel and pulling that same trailer and ranger to San Antonio and back he gets around 13 and it does not notice the hills. My Titan XD will kick down on hills pulling the trailer and ranger. His Ram got 19.3 on a trip from the valley coming home from a dove hunt. I flew to Tulsa and drove my Titan home. After 650 miles of driving, the mileage was 18.5 when I pulled in the driveway.

The biggest complaint with the truck is the when the emissions system goes into Regen. It will drop to 10 mpg for about 15 to 20 miles. We can thank the EPA for that. All of the current diesels Regen. The only way to get around the regens and DEF is to do a "delete". Unfortunately, it will void the warranty.

The factory goose neck and spray-in bed liner are nice factory installed options as well as the LED lights in the bed. There is a ton of room in the back seat. I think it may be more than the big 3 trucks. Hope this helps. Thanks, Steven
Good review. Thanks
Brute is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2018, 02:41 PM   #22
Bukmstr
Registered Users-pm+

Bukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to Pirate
Titan Diesel

Thanks 2 cool! Picked up a Pro 4X Diesel last night from Gilman just as you said here for 41K. Sticker was 55. This thing is a beast compared to my F150. They only have a few left if anyone is looking. Ask for Mark the General Manager...Thank you Mark for the Great Deal and Great Service!!!!
Attached Images

Bukmstr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2018, 07:07 PM   #23
rglide09
Registered Users-pm+

rglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Pirate
Nice ride!
rglide09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2018, 02:52 PM   #24
Tex1790
Registered Users-pm+

Tex1790 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I like my Titan as well. I have the tool boxes that came with the truck. I do not want to get rid of them but they are in the way of putting my tool box back in my truck. Anyone have any ideas? I was looking at getting one that would roll in the tiedown rail in the bed but I have yet to come across anything. If I cannot find a solution quick I am going to sell them.
Tex1790 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2018, 06:46 PM   #25
Charlie in TX
Registered Users-pm+

Charlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to Pirate
I don't know of anything. Try over on http://www.titanxdforum.com/forum/ . You will have a better chance of finding someone with the answer.
Charlie in TX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2018, 09:15 AM   #26
FishAfrica
Registered Users-pm+

FishAfrica has been promoted to PirateFishAfrica has been promoted to PirateFishAfrica has been promoted to PirateFishAfrica has been promoted to PirateFishAfrica has been promoted to PirateFishAfrica has been promoted to PirateFishAfrica has been promoted to PirateFishAfrica has been promoted to PirateFishAfrica has been promoted to PirateFishAfrica has been promoted to PirateFishAfrica has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukmstr View Post
Thanks 2 cool! Picked up a Pro 4X Diesel last night from Gilman just as you said here for 41K. Sticker was 55. This thing is a beast compared to my F150. They only have a few left if anyone is looking. Ask for Mark the General Manager...Thank you Mark for the Great Deal and Great Service!!!!
I got the exact same truck and deal back in Dec. Got 7k miles on it now. Very happy with it
FishAfrica is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2018, 05:23 PM   #27
69RRVERT
Registered Users-pm+

69RRVERT has been promoted to Pirate69RRVERT has been promoted to Pirate69RRVERT has been promoted to Pirate69RRVERT has been promoted to Pirate69RRVERT has been promoted to Pirate69RRVERT has been promoted to Pirate69RRVERT has been promoted to Pirate69RRVERT has been promoted to Pirate69RRVERT has been promoted to Pirate69RRVERT has been promoted to Pirate69RRVERT has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex1790 View Post
I like my Titan as well. I have the tool boxes that came with the truck. I do not want to get rid of them but they are in the way of putting my tool box back in my truck. Anyone have any ideas? I was looking at getting one that would roll in the tiedown rail in the bed but I have yet to come across anything. If I cannot find a solution quick I am going to sell them.
Not sure of how much room you may need in toolboxes. but check out the "swing case". It mounts in the bed behind the wheel hump and swings out to access it. Thanks, Steven
69RRVERT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2018, 06:04 PM   #28
Charlie in TX
Registered Users-pm+

Charlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69RRVERT View Post
Not sure of how much room you may need in toolboxes. but check out the "swing case". It mounts in the bed behind the wheel hump and swings out to access it. Thanks, Steven
I had those boxes too on my last truck. That space is filled by the titan box. No go for this application.
Charlie in TX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2018, 12:24 AM   #29
Saddle Blanket
Registered Users-pm+

Saddle Blanket has been promoted to PirateSaddle Blanket has been promoted to PirateSaddle Blanket has been promoted to PirateSaddle Blanket has been promoted to PirateSaddle Blanket has been promoted to PirateSaddle Blanket has been promoted to PirateSaddle Blanket has been promoted to PirateSaddle Blanket has been promoted to PirateSaddle Blanket has been promoted to PirateSaddle Blanket has been promoted to PirateSaddle Blanket has been promoted to Pirate
Got mine at Gillman on Friday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Saddle Blanket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2018, 09:24 AM   #30
texcajun
Registered Users-pm+

texcajun has been promoted to Piratetexcajun has been promoted to Piratetexcajun has been promoted to Piratetexcajun has been promoted to Piratetexcajun has been promoted to Piratetexcajun has been promoted to Piratetexcajun has been promoted to Piratetexcajun has been promoted to Piratetexcajun has been promoted to Piratetexcajun has been promoted to Piratetexcajun has been promoted to Pirate
Beautiful truck bro! Did you get a decent deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddle Blanket View Post
Got mine at Gillman on Friday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
texcajun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message