Has Anyone Yakked out a bait for sharks in the surfside beach area - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2020, 08:14 PM   #1
Everything Ocean
Registered Users-pm+

Everything Ocean is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Has Anyone Yakked out a bait for sharks in the surfside beach area

Hey yall i was wondering if anyone has yakked out a bait for sharks lately. I was down there a few weeks ago and caught a 4 1/2 foot sand bar shark on my international 50. But i was wondering if anyone has had any big shark action down there.
Everything Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2020, 11:54 PM   #2
dwstinge
Registered Users-pm+

dwstinge has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerdwstinge has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerdwstinge has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerdwstinge has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerdwstinge has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerdwstinge has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerdwstinge has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerdwstinge has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerdwstinge has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerdwstinge has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerdwstinge has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
I have not. But I watched a live feed off some guys on Facebook reel in a pretty big hammerhead last weekend

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
dwstinge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2020, 11:28 AM   #3
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
We had a 9/0 stripped 3 years ago. Had stock drag. I know I know Don't know what it was, picked up a ~4lb chunk of Jack. Most I ever got was a nice fat bull and the usual BTs

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2020, 07:36 PM   #4
SandSquatch
Registered Users-pm+

SandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to Gunner
We’ve been trying. The sargassum has been pretty bad this last week. That combined with that rough West to East current has been pulling all our weights. Even in the second gut we’ve only been able to keep baits out 20 minutes or so before the line is fouled Ioc and dragging down the beach.
SandSquatch is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2020, 04:36 PM   #5
Everything Ocean
Registered Users-pm+

ok thanks

Old 07-30-2020, 04:37 PM   #6
Everything Ocean
Registered Users-pm+

i will hopefully be out next week and will give an update

Old 07-30-2020, 04:39 PM   #7
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandSquatch View Post
We’ve been trying. The sargassum has been pretty bad this last week. That combined with that rough West to East current has been pulling all our weights. Even in the second gut we’ve only been able to keep baits out 20 minutes or so before the line is fouled Ioc and dragging down the beach.
3rd bar is fine. Never got.anything worth while during the day, afternoon and early AM for us. 400 yards out you aren't even 20 feet deep. We've got most of the decent fish right before dark. I generally paddle out fresh baits mainly ray right before dark. This way they can last a while. I hate paddling out at night just too dangerous in my opinion.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2020, 02:37 AM   #8
SandSquatch
Registered Users-pm+

SandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to Gunner
Tried Galveston today, started a few hours before dark. No current and real calm surf. Paddled out jack heads, rays, Bonita, and mullet. Casted mullet, whiting, and Bonita heads from the second and third bar. Small black tip after dark on a casted rod, other than that nothing yet as of 2:35 AM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2020, 12:30 PM   #9
bigdawg
Shark Hunter

bigdawg is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandSquatch View Post
Tried Galveston today, started a few hours before dark. No current and real calm surf. Paddled out jack heads, rays, Bonita, and mullet. Casted mullet, whiting, and Bonita heads from the second and third bar. Small black tip after dark on a casted rod, other than that nothing yet as of 2:35 AM.

Looking forward to an update on how you did.
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2020, 12:56 PM   #10
SandSquatch
Registered Users-pm+

Stayed out til 4am. Just the one small black tip and tons of gaff tops on the casting rods. One short run on a paddled out rod with mullet but no hook up.