2# braeburn apples
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg white
1 tbl sugar
1 /2tsp cinnamon
2 pre made refrigerated piecrust ( I use Pillsbury)

1. Preheat oven to 350º. Peel apples, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges. Toss apples with cinnamon and 3/4 cup granulated sugar.
2. Melt butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat; add brown sugar, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and place 1 piecrust in skillet over brown sugar mixture. Spoon apple mixture over piecrust, and top with remaining piecrust. Whisk egg white until foamy. Brush top of piecrust with egg white; sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar and 1 /2 tsp of cinnamon. Cut 4 or 5 slits in top for steam to escape.
3. Bake at 350º for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly, shielding with aluminum foil during last 10 minutes to prevent excessive browning, if necessary. Cool on a wire rack 30 minutes before serving.

Outstanding with bluebell butter pecan ice cream!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Dang shaky you nipping at CD heels..Looks Great Just dumb ?/but you say 2# apples and 2# apples are we talking pounds or 4 apples total..Warned ya dumb?
4# of apples total. After I peeled, cored, and sliced all 4# or so, there was enough left over that wouldnt fit in the pan for the kiddos to have a small bowl of cinammon apples....so I guess its there abouts! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.