Metal Detecting Places - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Hobbies Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2019, 01:02 PM   #11
Fishin' Soldier
Can't be what you ain't.

Fishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to Pirate
Go to the beach where are the parties happen at. With a hundreds of drunk people on the beach at one time small things are bound to get lost. May get lucky and find something worth the time.
Fishin' Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2019, 05:51 AM   #12
Leonadr1333
your bro

Leonadr1333 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I do not understand old coins or just very rusty? I personally only bottle caps and find, since I found a chain.
But in general, rest with metal detector is a very relaxing hobby
Leonadr1333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2019, 11:06 AM   #13
impulse
'81 Aggie

impulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishin' Soldier View Post
Go to the beach where are the parties happen at. With a hundreds of drunk people on the beach at one time small things are bound to get lost. May get lucky and find something worth the time.
Just make sure it's not a State Park or National Seashore, or... or...

(i) Metal detector. It is an offense for any person to operate or use a metal detector, except as authorized by permit.

According to Texas Parks and Wildlife, it is an offense for a person to operate a metal detector in a Texas state park unless he is authorized by permit. This also applies to national forests and federal lands, according to Broken Detector.

Sources:

https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/parks/park-rules

https://legalbeagle.com/6948318-laws...ing-texas.html

Hate to spoil anyone's plans, but getting hit with a big fine for something that seems innocent is no fun at all. I'd rather change my plans than have my entire outing ruined by the long arm of the law.

Last edited by impulse; 04-02-2019 at 11:18 AM.
impulse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 01:23 AM   #14
Nelson
Registered Users-pm+

Nelson is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I got a finder when I was around 8 or 9. Took it out in the back yard the following day and began burrowing for that treasure.

Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2019, 10:37 PM   #15
Mr. Saltwater
Registered Users-pm+

Mr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to Pirate
Join a metal detecting club in your area!!!!

I got my first detector about 20 years ago and joined a club shortly after that to learn all I could about the hobby. The group trips to properties we obtain permission to hunt on and planted hunts are a lot of fun and often profitable, but the greatest treasure I have found is the friendships I have made through the club.

https://www.facebook.com/tomballmdclub/

http://www.fmdac.org/

Last edited by Mr. Saltwater; 05-23-2019 at 10:46 PM.
Mr. Saltwater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2019, 01:21 PM   #16
redduck
Registered Users-pm+

redduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirate
Is the $49 dollar one at Harbor Freight any good. I have lost a few items on 20 acres and would like to find but not worth much except to me.
redduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2019, 02:44 PM   #17
Bayoutalker
Registered Users-pm+

Bayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck View Post
Is the $49 dollar one at Harbor Freight any good. I have lost a few items on 20 acres and would like to find but not worth much except to me.
"You get what you pay for". If you were looking for something lost in a 10' X 10' area and maybe never use it again it might be worth a try but if you are trying to cover a large area or use it from time to time you would be better off spending a bit more. Look on some of the metal detecting forums like Friendly Metal Detecting in the classifieds for a deal on a good used unit. It will pay off in the long run.

Cliff
Bayoutalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2019, 07:28 AM   #18
Demixl

Demixl is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
WOw,nice gift)Congrat
Demixl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message