Lost a friend today - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Food For the Soul
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2020, 03:15 PM   #1
pocjetty
I hate rude behavior in a man.

pocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Pirate
Lost a friend today

A good friend of ours died just a little while ago. I was in HEB when the call came. She was at a charity fundraiser many months ago, and seemed fine. She started feeling sick when they got home, and they thought she had food poisoning. She kept getting worse and worse, and the last months of her life have been a (barely) living hell. They wound up taking out much of her intestine and giving here a colostomy bag. But she got a little better, bit by bit, and they were eventually able to connect what was left of her intestines.

She went home a couple of times, but had to go back in each time. On Friday she took a turn for the worse and she was taken back to the hospital in San Antonio. They let her out, but yesterday she again took a downturn, and today she died.

Her husband is up there alone. She was his world, and he is going to be lost without her. You don't know him, and probably never will. But say a prayer for Gene as he faces this time. He's been through so much, but this is worse.
pocjetty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2020, 03:22 PM   #2
Jerry713
Registered Users-pm+

Jerry713 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jerry713 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jerry713 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jerry713 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jerry713 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jerry713 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jerry713 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jerry713 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jerry713 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jerry713 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jerry713 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Sorry to hear! Sending prayers.
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2020, 04:17 PM   #3
RB II
Native Texan

RB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to Pirate
Prayers for Gene and his family and friends.
RB II is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2020, 05:28 PM   #4
DA REEL DADDY
Registered Users-pm+

DA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB II View Post
Prayers for Gene and his family and friends.
Sad. I'm sorry to hear.

A prayer for all
DA REEL DADDY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2020, 05:45 PM   #5
PoppyX3
Registered Users-pm+

PoppyX3 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPoppyX3 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPoppyX3 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPoppyX3 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPoppyX3 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPoppyX3 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPoppyX3 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPoppyX3 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPoppyX3 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPoppyX3 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPoppyX3 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
If they re friends of yours, gotta be good people.Prayers sent up for comfort.
PoppyX3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2020, 06:29 PM   #6
bubbas kenner
Gods blessings surround us.

bubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Pirate
So sorry to hear this my prayers are with the family
bubbas kenner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2020, 08:28 PM   #7
pocjetty

pocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyX3 View Post
If they re friends of yours, gotta be good people.Prayers sent up for comfort.

My wife and I teach a Bible study on Sunday mornings. We have people from Presbyterian, Methodist, Lutheran, Catholic, Baptist churches, that I can think of off the top of my head. We have people who quit going to church, and people who never went to church, and people who have been in church since the cradle. A lot of them feel like their denominations went off and left them. Some just go to our Bible study and then go to their churches.

Gene is a part of our class. His faith has stayed strong through this whole ordeal - even today. To the extent that any of us are "good", Gene is.

Sickness, hospitalization in the time of COVID has been difficult. Death in the time of COVID is bordering on cruel, because of the separation. Our Bible study never stopped meeting in person, although many among us have health issues that make them high risk - for them we have been streaming with Zoom. But being together is a gift, and a big part of who we are.

Gene has been up in San Antonio alone. I don't like the expression, "All we can do is pray", as if it is somehow insufficient. But at a time like this it feels like there should be more. Right now, all we can do is pray. I appreciate knowing that many of you are a part of that.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:34 PM   #8
Court
Registered Users-pm+

Court has been promoted to PirateCourt has been promoted to PirateCourt has been promoted to PirateCourt has been promoted to PirateCourt has been promoted to PirateCourt has been promoted to PirateCourt has been promoted to PirateCourt has been promoted to PirateCourt has been promoted to PirateCourt has been promoted to PirateCourt has been promoted to Pirate
God Bless Gene & God Speed to his wife.
Court is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2020, 10:08 PM   #9
pocjetty

I'm in a melancholy mood. It doesn't happen often, but I usually wind up in Ecclesiastes. And that's pretty much all I have to say about that.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor.
For if one falls down, his companion can lift him up; but pity the one who falls without another to help him up!
Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; but how can one keep warm alone?
And though one may be overpowered, two can resist.

Ecclesiastes 8:14-17

There is a vanity that is done on the earth: There are righteous men who get what the actions of the wicked deserve, and there are wicked men who get what the actions of the righteous deserve. I say that this too is vanity.

So I commended the enjoyment of life, because there is nothing better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be merry. For this joy will accompany him in his labor during the days of his life that God gives him under the sun.

When I applied my mind to know wisdom and to observe the task that one performs on the earth—though his eyes do not see sleep in the day or even in the night— I saw every work of God, and that a man is unable to comprehend the work that is done under the sun.
Despite his efforts to search it out, he cannot find its meaning; even if the wise man claims to know, he is unable to comprehend.

Ecclesiastes 9:9-12

Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of thy life of vanity, which he hath given thee under the sun, all thy days of vanity: for that is thy portion in life, and in thy labor wherein thou laborest under the sun.

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare, even so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:23 PM   #10
DA REEL DADDY
Registered Users-pm+

DA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to Pirate
Beautiful and inspirational scriptures.
DA REEL DADDY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message