Coastline Trailers - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-29-2019, 11:04 PM   #21
Rockfish2
Registered Users-pm+

Rockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to Pirate
I guess maybe I’m lucky I keep my boat in Seadrift!
Rockfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2019, 03:03 AM   #22
Fishtexx
Registered Users-pm+

Fishtexx has been promoted to PirateFishtexx has been promoted to PirateFishtexx has been promoted to PirateFishtexx has been promoted to PirateFishtexx has been promoted to PirateFishtexx has been promoted to PirateFishtexx has been promoted to PirateFishtexx has been promoted to PirateFishtexx has been promoted to PirateFishtexx has been promoted to PirateFishtexx has been promoted to Pirate
I bought my coastline single axle trailer new in 2007 with my Shoalwater boat. I have not had a single issue. Great trailer!
Fishtexx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2019, 06:52 AM   #23
SSST
Registered Users-pm+

SSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbj358 View Post
I stopped at McClain several months ago to pick up some parts and there were more Coastline trailers there for repairs than any other brand. They were all there for different reasons but definitely had me wondering about quality. My Skeeter is on an EZ Loader. No problems with fender strength or anything else. Trailer is a little finicky loading boat but built like a tank.
Probably has alot to do with the fact they sell way more than anybody else. Like Sgrem said, they are all very similar when you compare apples to apples, Coastline makes a pretty good trailer for the price point of a base model. I've never dealt with their customer service, but it looks like it depends on what side of the bed the lady woke up on, lol.
SSST is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2019, 08:24 AM   #24
saltgrassdrifter
Registered Users-pm+

saltgrassdrifter has been promoted to Piratesaltgrassdrifter has been promoted to Piratesaltgrassdrifter has been promoted to Piratesaltgrassdrifter has been promoted to Piratesaltgrassdrifter has been promoted to Piratesaltgrassdrifter has been promoted to Piratesaltgrassdrifter has been promoted to Piratesaltgrassdrifter has been promoted to Piratesaltgrassdrifter has been promoted to Piratesaltgrassdrifter has been promoted to Piratesaltgrassdrifter has been promoted to Pirate
I'm waiting to pick up my new Coastline trailer up in September.I plan on putting another coat of cold galvanize on the torsion axles.Its my understanding that all torsion axles have a small drain hole in the center to let moisture out. I'm thinking about installing a scupper ball with 5200 over the hole to stop water from getting in while loading and unloading.Do you think this is worth it or just overkill.
saltgrassdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2019, 05:12 PM   #25
Richard11111
Registered Users-pm+

Richard11111 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I had a crack on my present trailer welded. Repair shop/Welder who repaired it said to keep an eye on it due to corrosion deep in the aluminum. That worried me enough to order a new trailer from Coastline Trailers. The shop guy said get a Coastline Trailer if I was to replace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltgrassdrifter View Post
I plan on putting another coat of cold galvanize on the torsion axles..
I know of a few that have coated the axle with truck bed liner stuff. I'll probably do that to mine when I get it in a week.
Richard11111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2019, 05:40 PM   #26
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard11111 View Post
I had a crack on my present trailer welded. Repair shop/Welder who repaired it said to keep an eye on it due to corrosion deep in the aluminum. That worried me enough to order a new trailer from Coastline Trailers. The shop guy said get a Coastline Trailer if I was to replace it.

I know of a few that have coated the axle with truck bed liner stuff. I'll probably do that to mine when I get it in a week.
Also a terrible idea. While you think it is sealed it wont be. There will be a compromised somewhere. A big rock could chink it going down the road. It will hold saltwater behind the bed liner and rot your axle fast as anything.

PROBLEM IS!!!!! you wont be able to tell at all. It will be covered up and you cant inspect the condition.

Leave it all as is fellas. When it is time to replace an axle just do it.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2019, 05:43 PM   #27
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltgrassdrifter View Post
I'm waiting to pick up my new Coastline trailer up in September.I plan on putting another coat of cold galvanize on the torsion axles.Its my understanding that all torsion axles have a small drain hole in the center to let moisture out. I'm thinking about installing a scupper ball with 5200 over the hole to stop water from getting in while loading and unloading.Do you think this is worth it or just overkill.
Never plug the hole! Your axle has a dip in the middle to clear a Vhull. That dip holds water like a bowl if you cover the hole you will have a constant pool of water in that dip. Bad idea. The holes were added after the first generation of that axle design failed guess where? Right smack dab in the middle due to that dip having heavy corrosion.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2019, 06:18 PM   #28
saltgrassdrifter
Registered Users-pm+

saltgrassdrifter has been promoted to Piratesaltgrassdrifter has been promoted to Piratesaltgrassdrifter has been promoted to Piratesaltgrassdrifter has been promoted to Piratesaltgrassdrifter has been promoted to Piratesaltgrassdrifter has been promoted to Piratesaltgrassdrifter has been promoted to Piratesaltgrassdrifter has been promoted to Piratesaltgrassdrifter has been promoted to Piratesaltgrassdrifter has been promoted to Piratesaltgrassdrifter has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks for the advice sgrem i don't normally buy new trailers usually just patch my old trailers. I'll just use it the way it comes and rinse it with salt away every trip.It's going to be nice when pulling the boat looking forward more than looking back.Thanks again
saltgrassdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2019, 06:53 PM   #29
habanerojooz
Who said that was spicy?

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
After reading the stories about Coastline trailers, I’m glad my favorite toy is towed by McClain’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2019, 10:12 PM   #30
rmiller4292
Registered Users-pm+

rmiller4292 has been promoted to Piratermiller4292 has been promoted to Piratermiller4292 has been promoted to Piratermiller4292 has been promoted to Piratermiller4292 has been promoted to Piratermiller4292 has been promoted to Piratermiller4292 has been promoted to Piratermiller4292 has been promoted to Piratermiller4292 has been promoted to Piratermiller4292 has been promoted to Piratermiller4292 has been promoted to Pirate
I have a nextrail that was made for my boat sight unseen (before i purchased it) and the boat just didn’t sit right and was difficult to load. The boat stays in POC so I hauled it over to coastline to see if they would beef it up and get it setup right. The shop foreman said no problem, make an appointment and we’ll get it done in about a day. I set up an appointment about 2 months later, drove down from Bastrop..picked the boat up in POC and drove over to coastline. This time the foreman said he absolutely wouldn’t work on the trailer and that I needed a new trailer which they would build for 8k. Fortunately I was referred to Choate’s Boats who got it adjusted perfectly....I don’t appreciate the waste of my time by Coastline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
rmiller4292 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message