2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

bunch of plecos

9K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  minedude 
#1 ·
took 48 last night at caleveras lake

See less See more
#8 ·
Don't know, but i found this on google.

"What's the best way to repel this invader?

"Eat mo' pleco," advised Crumpton. "While they do not look so appetizing, pleco in the shell is great!"

Cut them open, clean out the gut and, if you like, remove the head. Wrap in foil. Bake at 350 or grill on the barbecue.

"When it is done, the shell will peel away exposing a light-colored, mild-tasting flesh."

Let's write a cookbook and call it the Lake County Guide to Invasive Cuisine."

I'd try it!

#11 ·
heck no i dont eat them nasty roaches. like others have said they are an invasive species and our lake is infested with them, i heard they eat catfish eggs but cant verify that but googling i found aquarium hobbiest said no plecos in the tank while breeding as they will try and eat the eggs if left unprotected by mamma fish.
they actually stink pretty bad

#14 ·
I am not sure if I would or wouldn't. I was in the Navy and always hung around the older guys especially a Senior Chief and another Chief and these two were a couple of clowns on off hours. I recall so many times being out on TAD trips with one or the other or both and going to places getting drunk off my ***. Many of times we ate at places, well lets just say several times I seen critters and things running around on the floor, but they would order and I would eat. I asked once and they said don't ask if it taste good eat it and don't ask. We were in a small bar on Guam I was all ready 2 sheets to the wind and was starving ole chief asked if I was ready to try something new and said what the hell chief you never steared me wrong. Well didn't ask till the next day and ole chief said we were eating monkey brains. I told him he was full of crapola. Well someone told me that that place sold specialties for food and that was one of there top sellers. I guess if I am drunk and hungry I would eat a pleco since I have eaten all sorts of other things and wish I could get a hold of some of them and learn how to prepare them I would.

:flag:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.