2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Card games you play

Any card players?

4K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  BobBobber 
#1 · (Edited)
It's too hot to fish right now, but not to hot to shuffle some cards. Are there any card players in the Willis/Conroe area who play pinochle, dealer's choice poker (not TX holdem), euchre, canasta, etc.? Friendly games with no money of just small coins bet. Personally, I cannot play with smokers, due to lung condition. I'm retired, so can play any time and any days.

We have a community room in our RV park on FM 830 where we can play until 10 PM.

#7 ·
Stud poker is my favorite too. And dealer's choice with wild cards opens many potentials that encourage more bidding. Games like Follow the Queen, Baseball, Deuces Wild, 5 & Dime (5's & 10's wild), Doctor Pepper, Low Hole Wild, etc. Keeps you on your toes.

Holdem does not offer that variety. Also traditional Holdem with buy-in takes a long time for one winner. Traditional stud has a winner with every deal.

We have a senior's game with nickel bet and 3 raise maximum. Nobody gets hurt with those stakes. Nobody wins enough for a burger & fries, but having fun is the goal and not cash. Good too for the married guys who get OK from wives playing for those stakes. Cheaper than bowling or going to the bar.

Also, ladies are and should be welcome to play.

#12 ·
I used to play a lot of pinochle and euchre many years ago. My exes family was from Michigan. I played canasta with my grandmother for many years until she passed away. My current wife's family plays a card game called hand and foot that is a blast. It is similar to canasta, with a few key differences. My parents used to play a lot of different games (phase 10, skip-bo, rummikube, etc). I Introduced them to hand and foot and now that is all they play. Unfortunately, I am in La Porte, so it would be a little far to go for a card game.

#15 ·
Pinochle, played a lot of that in the service 50 years ago. Played bridge for a while. Was going to join a duplicate bridge club but after one night decided they were much too serious for my blood. Canasta and 42 way back when I had neighbors that liked to play. Moon was a lot of fun at a neighborhood bar that was close by years ago. Played holdum for a while when the bars were throwing away free money. Now I play 31 with my daughter's family when I visit.

As mentioned it's the company that makes a game enjoyable.

You can find a serious game at Baytown Texas Billiards 3 or 4 days a week. They use to alternate between pinochle and dominoes but they do smoke even though there is a city ordinance against it. And they play for blood.

#16 ·
Where do you live Driftwood. If anywhere close to Willis or Conroe, let's get a game going?

Unfortunately, I couldn't be around smokers at the bar you mentioned. I have lung issues and bring along a little oxygen thing, so smoking is out around me.

#19 ·
We found several seniors at The Woodlands community ctr for seniors. We play pinochle and canasta on two separate days weekly. Also play poker on Thursday nights. In short, my personal needs for card games are full.

We could never get enough 2cool members to agree on one game to begin anything. And it's cooler now, so most of us are probably fishing.

In other words, my interest in this thread that I started is finished. If somebody else wants to keep it going, please go right ahead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.