2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

sale at dicks sporting goods

6K views 33 replies 26 participants last post by  waterspout 
#1 ·
It seemed too good to be true but pretty much all fishing lures at the Dicks sporting goods at the galleria in Houston are buy 5 get 5 free, plus they are on clearance. I got 10 bags of DSL plastics and 8 mirrordines/she dogs for $50.... you can mix and match any lure

Selection is fairly limited but the sale applied to all fishing lures/terminal tackle from what I understand....

not online, only that store from what I could tell.

#26 ·
Nike

my Nike tennis shoes were shot, so I went to the galleria to get some new ones. Well my galleria/Academy, 99% of the shoes were Nike. Told the guy looking for a pair similar to these, don't care about the price, any brand other than Nike. he replied, I understand. I have a nice travel carry on bag that has Nike on it. trying to figure out how to hide the Nike, because i like the bag. :texasflag

#28 ·
my Nike tennis shoes were shot, so I went to the galleria to get some new ones. Well my galleria/Academy, 99% of the shoes were Nike. Told the guy looking for a pair similar to these, don't care about the price, any brand other than Nike. he replied, I understand. I have a nice travel carry on bag that has Nike on it. trying to figure out how to hide the Nike, because i like the bag. :texasflag
Ain't that the truth. I have never purchased a pair of nikes for myself but I sinned the other day... my daughter blew out her old Adidas so we had to get her a new pair. Went to Academy and 90% of the shoes were nike and LITERALLY the only pair in her size were nike (and only 2 pair at that). Had to bite the bullet and buy them.

As for dicks, won't step in the store...

#31 ·
I just saw one of their nauseating commercials. A bunch of pathetic-looking kids falling apart because their school sports programs have been cancelled. It doesn't happen around here (that I know of), but there are places where they're doing that to extort more money from taxpayers. There are lots of things our public schools could cut out, and we'd be better off. But they pick things that will make the kids miserable, so the parents will approve more money.

Dick's is playing into that whole scam with these commercials. If I wasn't already done with them, that would do it for me. No offense to the OP - he was only trying to share a good deal. But I wouldn't buy anything from Dick's. I'd take it if they were giving it away, because that would just speed up the process of putting them out of business.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.