Fruit trees in home garden/yard - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Home Gardening Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2019, 03:48 PM   #11
Mattsfishin
Registered Users-pm+

Mattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to Pirate
Also bees do not pollinate some trees such as a paw paw. Most books say you need 2 different ones to produce. I know 2 people that have only one paw paw and it fruits every year. They tell me blow flys will pollinate it. Hang a couple fish heads in the tree.
If you know some of your neighbors you may want to ask them what they have had good luck with.
I wish I had a bigger place. My little place has a fruit tree , grape or something growing everywhere I can except around the field lines.
Mattsfishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2019, 07:26 AM   #12
TUNDRA
Registered Users-pm+

TUNDRA has been promoted to PirateTUNDRA has been promoted to PirateTUNDRA has been promoted to PirateTUNDRA has been promoted to PirateTUNDRA has been promoted to PirateTUNDRA has been promoted to PirateTUNDRA has been promoted to PirateTUNDRA has been promoted to PirateTUNDRA has been promoted to PirateTUNDRA has been promoted to PirateTUNDRA has been promoted to Pirate
There's a fruit tree sale tomorrow at Ft.Bend county fair grounds from 9-1.
TUNDRA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2019, 11:40 AM   #13
txdougman
"Whatever one sows, he will also reap"

txdougman has been promoted to Piratetxdougman has been promoted to Piratetxdougman has been promoted to Piratetxdougman has been promoted to Piratetxdougman has been promoted to Piratetxdougman has been promoted to Piratetxdougman has been promoted to Piratetxdougman has been promoted to Piratetxdougman has been promoted to Piratetxdougman has been promoted to Piratetxdougman has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUNDRA View Post
There's a fruit tree sale tomorrow at Ft.Bend county fair grounds from 9-1.

Enchanted gardens carries a good amount of trees from Brazos citrus nursery's if ya can't make it to the fairgrounds. Also, less hustle.
txdougman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2019, 12:56 PM   #14
TUNDRA
Registered Users-pm+

TUNDRA has been promoted to PirateTUNDRA has been promoted to PirateTUNDRA has been promoted to PirateTUNDRA has been promoted to PirateTUNDRA has been promoted to PirateTUNDRA has been promoted to PirateTUNDRA has been promoted to PirateTUNDRA has been promoted to PirateTUNDRA has been promoted to PirateTUNDRA has been promoted to PirateTUNDRA has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdougman View Post
Enchanted gardens carries a good amount of trees from Brazos citrus nursery's if ya can't make it to the fairgrounds. Also, less hustle.
It's 9-12 not 9-1
TUNDRA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2019, 11:52 AM   #15
Wolfie#2
Registered Users-pm+

Wolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsfishin View Post
Also bees do not pollinate some trees such as a paw paw. Most books say you need 2 different ones to produce. I know 2 people that have only one paw paw and it fruits every year. They tell me blow flys will pollinate it. Hang a couple fish heads in the tree.
If you know some of your neighbors you may want to ask them what they have had good luck with.
I wish I had a bigger place. My little place has a fruit tree , grape or something growing everywhere I can except around the field lines.
I have heard about, but not tried, banana trees around field lines. Supposedly they do not have a large root system but consume a large amount of water. May be a myth though. I have banana trees and they are contained in a small area that is not close to a field line. But I haven't dug into the root system to see how large it is. (pun intended)

Wolfie#2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message