2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Local kid with cancer is asking for cards

851 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Timemachine 
#1 ·
Not sure if this is ok to post, if not please delete, but a local little girl was recently diagnosed with cancer and her parents said she loves getting cards if anyone has time to send one.

Four days after being diagnosed with a rare form of childhood cancer, one Van Alstyne girl is winning the hearts of people around the country.
Seven-year-old Katelyn Davis was diagnosed on Saturday and shortly after, started chemo.
In hopes of lifting her spirits, Katelyn's neighbor, along with her parents, are using social media to collect what they call "happy cards" from people all over the United States.
"Last Saturday they gave us the diagnosis that she had a childhood cancer that was very aggressive."
Katelyn hasn't had the easiest couple of days, she's at Dallas Children's Hospital undergoing her first round of chemo, with her dad Fred Brown by her side.
Back in Van Alstyne Brown's husband, Bobby Davis Sr., and neighbor Jill Martin, came up with an idea they thought would help her stay positive through her battle with cancer.
"We're asking people from everywhere to just send her a card to just to put her smile back on her face because she's got the cutest, cutest smile," Davis said.
nats "send your love to them, letters, cards you name it, boxes, I don't even know, surprise me," Martin said.

Saturday, Martin posted this video on Facebook asking the community to come together and send Katelyn cards.
"My hope was to use it in a positive way that people could team up and connect with people that we wouldn't even know." Martin
So far, Martin's effort has worked.
The video has been watched more than 5,000 times.
And although Davis and martin aren't sure how many cards they've gotten, Katelyn has received cards from all over the nation including Pennsylvania and Hawaii.
"She's getting gift cards, she's getting stuffed animals ... cards galore. and we just want them to keep coming," Davis said.
"The fact that its going crazy all over social media I think is a wonderful thing because its such a blessing to this little girl," Martin said.
kKatelyn is expected to be home in the next couple of days, but will have to return to Dallas for her chemo sessions once a week for the next several months.
To send Katelyn cards, her address is listed below:
Katelyn LaFaye Davis
772 Eagle Point Road
Van Alstyne, Texas 75495
http://www.kxii.com/content/news/Va...-cards-from-around-the-country-413241113.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.