Bearings for Lews Speed Spool lfs - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Reel repair, maintenance, and upgrade forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2019, 12:52 PM   #1
krfish
Living the Dream

krfish has been promoted to Piratekrfish has been promoted to Piratekrfish has been promoted to Piratekrfish has been promoted to Piratekrfish has been promoted to Piratekrfish has been promoted to Piratekrfish has been promoted to Piratekrfish has been promoted to Piratekrfish has been promoted to Piratekrfish has been promoted to Piratekrfish has been promoted to Pirate
Bearings for Lews Speed Spool lfs

I have a couple of The lfs speed spools, and I’m wanting to upgrade the bearings. I’ve had some recommend using unshielded bearings. Anyone have any recommendations on a site to order from. I’ve read some about the Sapporo (?) bearings being good for the price, but can’t find much info anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
krfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2019, 03:28 PM   #2
DGAustin
Registered Users-pm+

DGAustin has been promoted to PirateDGAustin has been promoted to PirateDGAustin has been promoted to PirateDGAustin has been promoted to PirateDGAustin has been promoted to PirateDGAustin has been promoted to PirateDGAustin has been promoted to PirateDGAustin has been promoted to PirateDGAustin has been promoted to PirateDGAustin has been promoted to PirateDGAustin has been promoted to Pirate
I use BocaBearings.com.
DGAustin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2019, 09:53 PM   #3
irbjd
Registered Users-pm+

irbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirate
https://www.spoolhi-speed.com/
irbjd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2019, 10:50 PM   #4
Big Bay
Registered Users-pm+

Big Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbjd View Post

I’d stay away from spool speed I had a set and they were trashed way quicker than any bearing should be in saltwater. He needs to stick to the lake stuff. Bocas are better than spool speed. I’ve heard good things about Sapporo and zpi and I believe hedgehog is any other I hear a lot.

Big Bay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2019, 08:45 AM   #5
krfish
Living the Dream

krfish has been promoted to Piratekrfish has been promoted to Piratekrfish has been promoted to Piratekrfish has been promoted to Piratekrfish has been promoted to Piratekrfish has been promoted to Piratekrfish has been promoted to Piratekrfish has been promoted to Piratekrfish has been promoted to Piratekrfish has been promoted to Piratekrfish has been promoted to Pirate
Thank you all for the replies. I see a lot of people use Bocas, but I’ve read for the money you can get better bearings. I’m new to all this so I’m going off of opinions. I’m looking for a site where I can order bearing kits other than just Bocas website.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:32 AM   #6
DGAustin
Registered Users-pm+

DGAustin has been promoted to PirateDGAustin has been promoted to PirateDGAustin has been promoted to PirateDGAustin has been promoted to PirateDGAustin has been promoted to PirateDGAustin has been promoted to PirateDGAustin has been promoted to PirateDGAustin has been promoted to PirateDGAustin has been promoted to PirateDGAustin has been promoted to PirateDGAustin has been promoted to Pirate
Get on Boca's mailing list. They run specials fairly often. I use the Abec-5 bearings.
DGAustin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2019, 09:20 AM   #7
ShoalTower
Registered Users-pm+

ShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to Pirate
im waiting for my hedgehog studios to come in for the lews lite. I can let u know if I think $50 bearings are worth it. iv had boca in the past I never had a problem with them other than the noise but some people will swear they are horrible bearings.
ShoalTower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2019, 04:24 PM   #8
krfish
Living the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoalTower View Post
im waiting for my hedgehog studios to come in for the lews lite. I can let u know if I think $50 bearings are worth it. iv had boca in the past I never had a problem with them other than the noise but some people will swear they are horrible bearings.

Let me know what you think of them. I was initially going to order Bocas, but I’ve had a few people say they didn’t like them.

Old 01-22-2019, 05:28 PM   #9
ShoalTower
Registered Users-pm+

ShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to Pirate
I ordered them almost a month ago tracking said they got in the states on the 8th not sure why they haven’t made it here yet

ShoalTower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2019, 03:24 PM   #10
Mike in Friendswood
But, I live in Bayou Vista!

Mike in Friendswood has been promoted to PirateMike in Friendswood has been promoted to PirateMike in Friendswood has been promoted to PirateMike in Friendswood has been promoted to PirateMike in Friendswood has been promoted to PirateMike in Friendswood has been promoted to PirateMike in Friendswood has been promoted to PirateMike in Friendswood has been promoted to PirateMike in Friendswood has been promoted to PirateMike in Friendswood has been promoted to PirateMike in Friendswood has been promoted to Pirate
I spend over $1000 a year with Boca and I never have any complaints. Their customer service is outstanding, I receive most orders in 3-4 days and they run specials quite often. Any ceramic bearing run dry will make some noise, but that is not how any fishing reel bearing should be used.
Mike in Friendswood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message