Brisket, ground beef - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > BBQ & Grilling Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2018, 01:11 AM   #1
Neck-deep

Neck-deep has been promoted to PirateNeck-deep has been promoted to PirateNeck-deep has been promoted to PirateNeck-deep has been promoted to PirateNeck-deep has been promoted to PirateNeck-deep has been promoted to PirateNeck-deep has been promoted to PirateNeck-deep has been promoted to PirateNeck-deep has been promoted to PirateNeck-deep has been promoted to PirateNeck-deep has been promoted to Pirate
Brisket, ground beef

I went to HEB earlier today and picked up a prime brisket. I ran it through the grinder twice and got some really nice ground beef. I must say the ground beef brisket tasted better than the regular heb brand 80/20 I usually buy for about the same price lb for lb but did notice the brisket had more fat and it was a bit softer. I always scoop the oil/fat out of the pan anyway when its cooked. I liked it better than the 80/20 but wonder how much different in taste a select brisket would be compared to the prime? Anyone ever try it? I will prob buy the select after these ten lbs run out just to see the difference in taste. No sense in buying a prime for ground beef if the select taste the same. I wont buy the heb 80/20 anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2018, 09:19 AM   #2
w_r_ranch
Got better things to do than play games

w_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Pirate
We always grind our own. Trim the fat cap off, weigh the cubed meat & then add just enough hard fat to meet 80/20 ratio before grinding. BTW, we only use packers since we are grinding... No use wasting money on a prime.

Last edited by w_r_ranch; 10-27-2018 at 08:03 AM.
w_r_ranch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2018, 11:45 AM   #3
TIMBOv2
Banned

TIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to Pirate
Yes, ground brisket is very good.
TIMBOv2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2018, 01:46 PM   #4
tpool
Registered Users-pm+

tpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Pirate
We started mixing select packers with our deer meat 3 yrs ago for our ground meat. Then, we decided to ground a packer minus most the fat like w r ranch does (no deer meat added). Never have bought ground beef again!!!

T-BONE
(tpool)
tpool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2018, 01:56 PM   #5
RB II
Native Texan

RB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to Pirate
Grind brisket 50/50 with venison. Very good, even as a burger or patty. Excellent for spaghetti or chili.
RB II is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2018, 03:51 PM   #6
br1006
Registered Users-pm+

br1006 has been promoted to Piratebr1006 has been promoted to Piratebr1006 has been promoted to Piratebr1006 has been promoted to Piratebr1006 has been promoted to Piratebr1006 has been promoted to Piratebr1006 has been promoted to Piratebr1006 has been promoted to Piratebr1006 has been promoted to Piratebr1006 has been promoted to Piratebr1006 has been promoted to Pirate
at my restaurant we trim 20+ briskets a day and grind the trim in to hamburger.

Employees are welcome to take as much as they want home and I donate about 50# a week to a church.

We use an upper 2/3 choice all natural product and i will tell you that ground brisket is the bomb!
br1006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2018, 12:02 PM   #7
Wado
Registered Users-pm+

Wado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to Pirate
Sausage

I make my sausage with 50/50 pork and brisket. There is some fatty looking stuff that doesn't grind too well I usually remove from the brisket but it's not much maybe a half pound off of a large one. I tried grinding sirloin for burger before and it needed some fat, was just too lean. I have heard shoulder clod is good to make ground meat if you can buy them. I have made burger patties with the seasoned sausage meat and it grills nicely.
Wado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2018, 07:07 PM   #8
older 37
Registered Users-pm+

older 37 has been promoted to Pirateolder 37 has been promoted to Pirateolder 37 has been promoted to Pirateolder 37 has been promoted to Pirateolder 37 has been promoted to Pirateolder 37 has been promoted to Pirateolder 37 has been promoted to Pirateolder 37 has been promoted to Pirateolder 37 has been promoted to Pirateolder 37 has been promoted to Pirateolder 37 has been promoted to Pirate
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB II View Post
Grind brisket 50/50 with venison. Very good, even as a burger or patty. Excellent for spaghetti or chili.
Why ruin good venison ?
older 37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2018, 07:52 PM   #9
scwine
It wasn't me!

scwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Pirate
I always buy ground prime brisket patties from HEB. Way better taste.
scwine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2018, 08:26 PM   #10
RB II
Native Texan

RB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by older 37 View Post
Why ruin good venison ?
I guess some people like straight venison for hamburger meat. Not me.
RB II is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message