Garden Pictures! - Page 29 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Home Gardening Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2020, 02:46 PM   #281
Meadowlark
Registered Users-PM plus

Meadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by karstopo View Post
…. 11.3 ounces and the other one is 9.3. Crusader is the variety, new one for me.

I wasn't sure what constituted a big bel pepper...but now I know 11.3 ounces is a HUGE bell pepper. Just to get a reference I picked the largest on my plants today and weighed @ 5.5 ounces...yours is more than double. That's HUGE.

Gonna have to try some of those Crusaders next time. WTG!
Attached Images

Meadowlark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2020, 02:50 PM   #282
Meadowlark
Registered Users-PM plus

Meadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to Pirate
New Potatoes and Fresh Green Beans

Is there anything on this Earth better?

I'm getting spoiled by the pole beans...and have done the last of bush beans in the garden...more beans, better tasting, so much easier to harvest.
Attached Images

Old 05-20-2020, 03:16 PM   #283
T-Muney
Registered Users-pm+

T-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadowlark View Post
Is there anything on this Earth better?

I'm getting spoiled by the pole beans...and have done the last of bush beans in the garden...more beans, better tasting, so much easier to harvest.
What type of pole bean. I can’t get em to produce around here.
T-Muney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2020, 03:39 PM   #284
Meadowlark
Registered Users-PM plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Muney View Post
What type of pole bean. I can’t get em to produce around here.
The old standby...Kentucky Wonder. Been around since the 1850s, maybe longer....and still the best tasting in my opinion.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:05 AM   #285
karstopo
Taking shots at fish

karstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Pirate

A pineapple tomato, not quite the Park’s Whopper one Meadowlark grew, but still a nice tomato. Ripens to yellow with orange streaks or so I’ve read. Seems to produce big tomatoes, this is the first one and there’s several other big ones on the single plant I’m growing.

The Mortgage Lifter, a pink red type, next to it is 10.5 ounces. I pick them all a little after color break just so the critters won’t get them first.
karstopo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2020, 10:22 AM   #286
Meadowlark
Registered Users-PM plus

Same here...the families of mocking birds will take over when they see color.
Old 05-21-2020, 05:56 PM   #287
Mattsfishin
Registered Users-pm+

Mattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to Pirate
I steamed a big pot of kentucky wonder pole beans today and last night had some chinese light green pole beans. Planted a few more pole beans on an extra cattle panel and some more blue lake bush beans in another bed. I let the beans soak in water overnight and they seem to all come up after the soaking. I have a couple spots that get half shade and half sun that works good in the summer time. My carmelo tomatoes are really doing awesome. 8 ft tall and loaded with fruit.
The dang mockingbirds are trying to wipe out my blue berries. Had to put netting over them today. They try to get to my blackberries but the netting has stopped them. Blackberries are really doing good.
Mattsfishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2020, 06:40 PM   #288
Meadowlark
Registered Users-PM plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by karstopo View Post
... Ripens to yellow with orange streaks ...
Very nice. Somehow tomatoes need to be red for my taster...its irrational I know but I've grown them purple, yellow, etc, but always come back to red.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:26 AM   #289
WildThings
Registered Users-pm+

WildThings has been promoted to PirateWildThings has been promoted to PirateWildThings has been promoted to PirateWildThings has been promoted to PirateWildThings has been promoted to PirateWildThings has been promoted to PirateWildThings has been promoted to PirateWildThings has been promoted to PirateWildThings has been promoted to PirateWildThings has been promoted to PirateWildThings has been promoted to Pirate
I can't compete with you guys but I do get a few snacks every once in a while.
Attached Images

WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2020, 11:33 AM   #290
Mattsfishin
Registered Users-pm+

Mattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to Pirate
That looks good wt. I need to go pick some eggplant today. How do you like the purple basil? I have a lot this year and never cooked with it. Got a free pack of seeds and said what the heck.
Mattsfishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message