I'm Finally Going to the Ranch! - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Hunting Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2019, 08:44 PM   #11
hjm

hjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Pirate
Thats awesome!
hjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2019, 09:27 PM   #12
sundownbrown
Registered Users-pm+

sundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Pirate
Cool story
sundownbrown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2019, 12:06 AM   #13
Bukkskin
PURE SOUTH TEXAS

Bukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundownbrown View Post
Cool story
X2, have fun Steverino.
Bukkskin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2019, 02:30 PM   #14
chicken fried
Registered Users-pm+

chicken fried has been promoted to Piratechicken fried has been promoted to Piratechicken fried has been promoted to Piratechicken fried has been promoted to Piratechicken fried has been promoted to Piratechicken fried has been promoted to Piratechicken fried has been promoted to Piratechicken fried has been promoted to Piratechicken fried has been promoted to Piratechicken fried has been promoted to Piratechicken fried has been promoted to Pirate
Good story. I was out there two weeks ago and everything looked good. They’ve gotten a lot of rain in the past few days.
chicken fried is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2019, 08:04 AM   #15
steverino
Registered Users-pm+

steverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Pirate
sheepy2 I'm in a Slump!

Shot twice and missed twice! First miss was at a big boar pig under the green light feeder. Saw him at 11:55 pm. Shot at him with my trusty 22-250. Blamed clean miss on the tall grass. Cut the tall grass for an hour. Next miss was at my feeder/stand. At 7:35 about 6 pigs came towards the feeder. As I was switching from the 6.5 CM and 22-250 I bumped the wooden rest/window sill with the stock of my rifle. The pigs ran behind the feeder into the brush. After about 5-10 minutes they ran away. As they were running I took a shot. Clean miss as I saw the dust from where the bullet hit the ground. I was ********! Oh well, today is another day!
steverino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2019, 11:41 AM   #16
steverino
Registered Users-pm+

steverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Pirate
sheepy2 OK, Found the Problem!

Checked the 22-250 by re-sighting it in. Scope mounting was tight. It was a little windy. Some tall grass between me and the target. I think the problem is me! Buck, no pig fever! Problem is I'm not sure if I can fix the problem!
Old 06-15-2019, 06:04 PM   #17
bigdilltony
Registered Users-pm+

bigdilltony has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiebigdilltony has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiebigdilltony has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiebigdilltony has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiebigdilltony has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiebigdilltony has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiebigdilltony has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiebigdilltony has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiebigdilltony has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiebigdilltony has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiebigdilltony has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
Come on dude,you can fix it. You convinced me that I can so going to head out to ranch Monday. Might even pull trigger on one of the axis bucks hanging around. Need to take out a couple of culls.
bigdilltony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2019, 09:32 PM   #18
steverino
Registered Users-pm+

sheepy2 OK, Thanks for the Confidence!

Sat at my feeder from 5-8:30, nothing! Coming back from my neighbor's place at 4:20 pm had 2 Axis cross the road in front of me! I'm sleeping in my old cabin bed tonight where I can watch what comes to my green (formerly red) light feeder. My game cam shows the big boar that I missed several nights ago is still coming to the feeder and pig pipe there. I'll get back to you after I dress the big boy out tomorrow morning! Shot between the eye and ear!
Old 06-16-2019, 02:36 PM   #19
steverino
Registered Users-pm+

sheepy2 Bad News and Good News

Well I missed that big boar again last night. He came to the pig pipe at about 2:00 am. He would not go to the feeder under the green lights. I took my time and took a shot. He was standing on the edge of some cedar brush and in long grass. I heard the bullet hit something and saw him run off. While picking up my game cam cards I saw a lots of buzzards roosting in the big trees behind my feeder. Upon inspecting the area I found the black pig I shot at while it was running away. She was about 150' from where I shot at her. There was no blood trail or blood around the carcass. I did not try to find the bullet entry point. Oh well, I guess I can make the tougher shots but miss the easy ones! Just 2 more hunts before heading home!
Old 06-16-2019, 09:57 PM   #20
cajunasian
"He is the ONE"

cajunasian has been promoted to Piratecajunasian has been promoted to Piratecajunasian has been promoted to Piratecajunasian has been promoted to Piratecajunasian has been promoted to Piratecajunasian has been promoted to Piratecajunasian has been promoted to Piratecajunasian has been promoted to Piratecajunasian has been promoted to Piratecajunasian has been promoted to Piratecajunasian has been promoted to Pirate
Birds gotta eat too. Still sounds like a fun trip.
cajunasian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message