Outdoor Gourmet Pellet Grill on sale - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > BBQ & Grilling Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2019, 05:07 PM   #1
Robert W
Registered Users-pm+

Robert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Outdoor Gourmet Pellet Grill on sale

I have a kamado that I really like as well as a gas grill but have always wanted to try out a pellet grill to use as a smoker but did not like the cost of the well known units. I was at Academy for something else yesterday and noticed the Outdoor Gourmet Triton HT pellet grill on sale for 249.99 so I thought at that price I would give it a try. I took the floor model so I did not have to assemble it (feeling lazy). I know it is a cheap import house brand and have only run it last night to break-in and validate that it is working properly, but I am kind-of impressed at this point. I will post again once I have a chance to smoke a brisket on it.
Attached Images

Robert W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2019, 06:16 PM   #2
Ducktracker
Registered Users-pm+

Ducktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to Pirate
Man that looks good. I have had a Traeger for two years but I think they are over priced but still love cooking on it. Probably cook three times a week on my Traeger. Keep us posted

Good fishing to all!
Ducktracker is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2019, 06:53 PM   #3
Robert W
Registered Users-pm+

Robert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
This unit is not built as nice as the top grills but I think/hope it will be good enough. If it keep it clean and covered I bet I get a few years from it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2019, 08:38 PM   #4
UnclePoPo
Registered Users-pm+

UnclePoPo has been promoted to PirateUnclePoPo has been promoted to PirateUnclePoPo has been promoted to PirateUnclePoPo has been promoted to PirateUnclePoPo has been promoted to PirateUnclePoPo has been promoted to PirateUnclePoPo has been promoted to PirateUnclePoPo has been promoted to PirateUnclePoPo has been promoted to PirateUnclePoPo has been promoted to PirateUnclePoPo has been promoted to Pirate
We bought this model for the deer lease last year. It made it through deer season and for the price has worked really well. Did not do a brisket on it but pork butts, ribs have all come out good.

It isn't as nice or consistent as my Rec Tec at the house but for the price it will definitely let you know if you want to continue using it.

This is coming from a long time stick burner. I have not fired my old stick burner up for 3 years since getting my Rec Tec.

Good luck!!
UnclePoPo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2019, 08:54 AM   #5
hookemandcookem
Registered Users-pm+

hookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
keep us posted! i like the looks of it.
hookemandcookem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2019, 08:30 PM   #6
fishandhunt69
Registered Users-pm+

fishandhunt69 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Can you get a good smoke ring on this type of pit?
fishandhunt69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2019, 02:00 PM   #7
ccoker
Registered Users-pm+

ccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnclePoPo View Post
We bought this model for the deer lease last year. It made it through deer season and for the price has worked really well. Did not do a brisket on it but pork butts, ribs have all come out good.

It isn't as nice or consistent as my Rec Tec at the house but for the price it will definitely let you know if you want to continue using it.

This is coming from a long time stick burner. I have not fired my old stick burner up for 3 years since getting my Rec Tec.

Good luck!!
Can you really good a GOOD brisket out of one?
ccoker is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2019, 01:14 PM   #8
Robert W
Registered Users-pm+

First Brisket

Ok, just now getting around to trying this thing out. 7 lb brisket has been on for 5.5hrs at 225 with internal temp at 170. Going to pull it about 200 and let it rest. So far looking good and easy easy.
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2019, 02:30 PM   #9
UnclePoPo
Registered Users-pm+

UnclePoPo has been promoted to PirateUnclePoPo has been promoted to PirateUnclePoPo has been promoted to PirateUnclePoPo has been promoted to PirateUnclePoPo has been promoted to PirateUnclePoPo has been promoted to PirateUnclePoPo has been promoted to PirateUnclePoPo has been promoted to PirateUnclePoPo has been promoted to PirateUnclePoPo has been promoted to PirateUnclePoPo has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoker View Post
Can you really good a GOOD brisket out of one?
I use a smoke tube with mine and on long smokes I will fill it a couple of times. It usually last for 4 to 6 hours. Another thing is I do not wrap my briskets. I let them go on smoke from start to finish with no wrap. Unlike a stick burner where the smoke on an unwrapped brisket would be overpowering on the pellet it is not bad.

I do get a good smoke ring with my pellet. As good as my stick "No" but I do not have to constantly monitor and its not that far off. For me the trade off on the simplicity of putting the meat on and walking away can't be beat.
UnclePoPo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2019, 07:43 PM   #10
Robert W
Registered Users-pm+

First Brisket

I smoked it fat side down, 225 then 250 until internal hit 200. No wrap while cooking, water pan in corner, pulled it off wrapped it and let stand in cooler for an hour. About 10 hours start to finished. Used almost all the hopper full of pellets.
Attached Images