2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Camper Fun (Sarcasum)

3K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  Ditto2 
#1 ·
Campers bring so much joy. haha
In light of the other horrible camping adventure that was posted I thought I would share one of mine.
I recently sold my house and we stayed in the camper until the new house was ready. The first camp ground we were at was a rough place. So I get a call while I am at work and the wife has found a new spot, has paid for it already and wants to move that night. I got to the camper just after 7PM. Everything was supposed to be picked up and pretty much all but hooked up to the truck. Well none of that is done. So I load everything up as she watches and the kids crawl around under my feet. I tell her to go dump the tanks while I raise the jacks. Now I have a bad switch for the front jacks and the back jacks run through this switch as well. I had needed to replace it but just hadn't had the time. As I am messing with the switch I hear her say the tank won’t drain. I stop what I am doing and go see what is going on. Sure enough nothing is draining. I don’t know if the kids threw something in there or what. So I start jacking with this. Now might be a good time to tell y’all, I go from nice and cool to mister smashy throwing things real quick. I fight with this and trying to keep the kids out of it for a solid 45 minutes and have sewage up to my elbows by the time I get it cleared. Still don’t know what the issue was. I try to rinse off at the faucet because all the other hoses are buried somewhere in the bed of the truck. I go back to the switches to try to get the jacks up. I give up on them and opt for the hand crank to get the jacks up. Well the hand crank that came with the camper is the wrong one for my jacks. The wife sees mister smashy coming and loads the kids up and is begging me to stay calm. I tell her to just take the kids to her parents because we will not have the camper set up in time for the kids to shower and go to bed. She gives me a sheet with the lot number and where the camp ground is and heads out with the kids. I finally just ripped the switches out by force and run them straight to a battery. Problem temporarily solved. I head to the new camp ground and by now it is a little after 9. I get there and find the spot pretty easy and pull the camper in without issue. For the first time in my life I got it in the perfect spot and level on the first try. I am getting the A/C going when the wife pulls up. She walks up and say Oh babe, we can’t have the slides out over the grass and shows me this little picture. I quietly have a meltdown in my head and say ok. I break everything back down, hook the truck back up and move it over 3 feet. Well now I can’t get the dang thing level. Let’s back it up and try again, and again… Finally get it right and unhook everything. I get the slide out and everything right. For some reason the A/C won’t kick on now. At this point I am ready to yank the A/C out from inside the camper. The wife is frantically looking up on the internet to see what might be wrong. She keeps saying shore power, something about shore power. I turn and yell this isn’t a flipping boat. That’s what I think when I hear shore power. So I slow down and try to think about shore power. I go out the where the power cord is hooked up and jack with that for a second. I finally smashed the plug from frustration and a second blue light comes on at the box and the A/C kicks on. Finally!!!! I go inside to take a shower and wash the sewage off of me. NO freaking water!!! Ok, that’s fine, this is a new camp ground and I am the first one to park on this row. There must be a water main I can turn on to put water to this row. So now it is after 11 and I am wondering around with my cell phone light trying to find this main. I finally give up on it and end up in an open spot in my underwear at 11:30 at night trying to take a bath/shower under the faucet. NOT HAPPY!!! I crawl into bed around midnight when I have to wake up at 3:30 for work. At this point you would think this story is over. Nope! While I am at work the next day I get a call from the wife. She is all mad that some new people moved in next to us and there slides are out over the grass and there is no room for us to even put the awning out. I told her to just go let management know and let them deal with it. A short time later I get a call back from the wife. The first words out of her mouth is I’m so sorry and please don’t be mad at me. I ask what is up and she tells me that it is ok for the slides to be over the grass. Just not the back of a camper in the back in spots. So When I get home that night I have to break it all back down and move it back over 3 feet, and of course nothing went smooth and it took over an hour to get it right.

How I managed to not smash things, tear the camper apart or scream and yell at everyone in site is beyond me. We look back on it now and get a really good laugh out of it but it still does make my eye twitch with I think about it.
Yes I know Sarcasm is misspelled. Too late to change it now.

See less See more
#14 · (Edited)
Mr. Smashy, good thing you aren't a Plastic Surgeon. Although, I have known a few surgeons that threw things in the Operating Room!.. one threw a needle holder with a needle still attached to it. Hit someone but did not stick them thank god. Anyway, the RV's they make now have so much frill and luxury in them, but I think they skip on quality too much. Been there done that, went all the way to Bandera and the AC that worked at home did not work at Bandera because of a stinking fuse. Note to self, stock extra fuses next time Hookem! Anyway, can't be a Nastyarse Honey Badger that don't give a chit (Watch the You Tube Video on Nastyarse Honey Badger). Got to treat those RV's, your home now with some Tender loving care man. Hey, and don't give up on the RV. We go 2 times a month right now. Love every second of it-(not rubbing it in,you just had a bad deal going on). Anyway, good luck with your house! and your RV!

#15 · (Edited)
Well I apologize about not using the enter key. I was at work and dealing with 10 other things that were just a tad bit more pressing then 2cool. I'm glad some of you got enjoyment out of the story. That was the point. I did fail to mention that I was laying in gravel while jacking with the switches.

Enter

I do enjoy camping but it seems almost all of my trips end up with a crazy story like this. Probably mostly my own doing.

Enter

Y'all post up some of y'all's crazy stories. I know I'm not the only one.

SMASHING ENTER FOR YOU!!!!

Enter

I hope and pray that I didn't misspell something or use a word in the wrong way.

#17 ·
It's all good Yellow Mouth Chaser!-you do have a great attitude about it all when done (not smashing). Hope to see you down the road some day when your RV is not your home. Us Rubber Tramps got to stick together. Bad Camping Experiences: 1. Crimped and Turned an axle on the Trailride 2. Froze my Blackwater valve in the winter on the Trailride, tried to fix it and got 4 peoples poop all over me. Let's see, ride 15 miles on a horse then get crapped on. Not good. 3. Lost a vent on top last week going to San Luis Pass, had to climb up in 98 degree heat and tape plastic on it. 4. Had my fridge go out on the trail ride while we were riding. The food was no good. Lot's of others some minor but that's RVn!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.