guitar lessons near the Woodlands - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Musicians Corner Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2018, 03:38 PM   #1
Redsmacker
Registered Users-pm+

Redsmacker has been promoted to PirateRedsmacker has been promoted to PirateRedsmacker has been promoted to PirateRedsmacker has been promoted to PirateRedsmacker has been promoted to PirateRedsmacker has been promoted to PirateRedsmacker has been promoted to PirateRedsmacker has been promoted to PirateRedsmacker has been promoted to PirateRedsmacker has been promoted to PirateRedsmacker has been promoted to Pirate
guitar lessons near the Woodlands

Any recommendations for guitar lessons in the Woodlands? Been picking acoustic off and on for years but just picked up an electric. Mostly interested in blues/red dirt country.
Redsmacker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2018, 08:52 PM   #2
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
If you were down here around Pearland I'd be happy to teach you!

Just a pointer though. Acoustic and electric guitar are the same exact thing..... I hate when people ask me, "do you play acoustic or electric guitar?" You literally 100% play them the say way.. One is just acoustic, one is plugged in electric and louder.....

Yes, electric guitar is more playable if you are doing lead stuff and solo type stuff.. Smaller strings, ability to get up the fretboard more, just easier to play in general. But again, you play them same exact way! I have both a 1958 Gibson J45, and a Gibson Les Paul. Play them both the same, but obviously, the Les Paul is more playable with the cutaway. Lots of acoustic guitars do have cutaways though.

Hope you can find someone. If you have any questions about it feel free to PM me. I'd be happy to answer anything. I'm only 18 but have been playing since I was 6 years old self-taught.
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2018, 07:44 AM   #3
Redsmacker
Registered Users-pm+

Redsmacker has been promoted to PirateRedsmacker has been promoted to PirateRedsmacker has been promoted to PirateRedsmacker has been promoted to PirateRedsmacker has been promoted to PirateRedsmacker has been promoted to PirateRedsmacker has been promoted to PirateRedsmacker has been promoted to PirateRedsmacker has been promoted to PirateRedsmacker has been promoted to PirateRedsmacker has been promoted to Pirate
acoustic vs. electric

The challenge for me has been the different chords used for either. On acoustic I'm accustomed to playing major chords, minors and major 7th blues chords with a scale or two mixed in. I never learned power chords on the acoustic or messed around with root chords and it seems that's what electric is all about. It's definitely much more note specific than on acoustic, just seems like a whole different world right now...I'm sure there are tricks to shorten the learning curve and I guess that's what I'm looking for.
Redsmacker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2018, 06:17 PM   #4
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsmacker View Post
The challenge for me has been the different chords used for either. On acoustic I'm accustomed to playing major chords, minors and major 7th blues chords with a scale or two mixed in. I never learned power chords on the acoustic or messed around with root chords and it seems that's what electric is all about. It's definitely much more note specific than on acoustic, just seems like a whole different world right now...I'm sure there are tricks to shorten the learning curve and I guess that's what I'm looking for.
Yes sir you are correct. On electric, folks usually play power chords and bar chords, especially if it's distorted rock type stuff. To be honest, theres nothing to power chords. It's usually literally just two fingers. Bar chords can be a pain to learn, but once you get them down it's no problem. You're hand might cramp a little bit with bar chords when you start learning them.

If you really want to get started on power chords/bar chords, YouTube is your friend man. Plenty of videos on that type of stuff.
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message