Anyone a wireless kill switch? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2019, 08:48 PM   #1
Specktackulure
Registered Users-pm+

Specktackulure has been promote to GunnerSpecktackulure has been promote to GunnerSpecktackulure has been promote to GunnerSpecktackulure has been promote to GunnerSpecktackulure has been promote to GunnerSpecktackulure has been promote to GunnerSpecktackulure has been promote to GunnerSpecktackulure has been promote to GunnerSpecktackulure has been promote to GunnerSpecktackulure has been promote to GunnerSpecktackulure has been promote to Gunner
Anyone a wireless kill switch?

With the upcoming rule change I am thinking of using a wireless kill switch. Anyone have one? I am looking at the one from Fells Marine. And do you know if they are allowed for fishing tournaments?

https://buy.fellmarine.com/products/...epack-multifob

Thanks
Jeff
Specktackulure is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2019, 08:58 PM   #2
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
I'm all about technology but feel at.the same.time.some things are best left mechanical. Wireless switch one of them. Nope sorry.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2019, 09:55 PM   #3
BigJake
Registered Users-pm+

BigJake has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigJake has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigJake has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigJake has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigJake has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigJake has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigJake has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigJake has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigJake has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigJake has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigJake has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
I had auto tether on my last boat. Mostly because I fish alone a lot. Couldn't tell you how it was, never had to use it. But great piece of mind and a lot more convenient than actually wearing the kill switch. Not too familiar with Fells.
BigJake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2019, 06:13 AM   #4
Reel Screamer
Registered Users-pm+

Reel Screamer has been promoted to PirateReel Screamer has been promoted to PirateReel Screamer has been promoted to PirateReel Screamer has been promoted to PirateReel Screamer has been promoted to PirateReel Screamer has been promoted to PirateReel Screamer has been promoted to PirateReel Screamer has been promoted to PirateReel Screamer has been promoted to PirateReel Screamer has been promoted to PirateReel Screamer has been promoted to Pirate
I believe there were quite a few problems with them initially but they now have a Gen 2 that seems to be working like it should.
Reel Screamer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2019, 07:55 AM   #5
habanerojooz
Who said that was spicy?

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
Anyone a wireless kill switch?

Technology and IT is what I do for a living. I feel exactly the same way as ‘hurricane matt’ about this. The kill switch is a critical control of too much importance for me to rely on Bluetooth wireless operation.

Bluetooth is fine for non-life saving operations...like my iPilot trolling motor, my Fusion head unit, and my Garmin. I’m not at risk if any of that experiences wireless issues.

Plus, the control fob depends on a tiny CR2032 battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by habanerojooz; 08-01-2019 at 08:08 AM.
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2019, 10:46 PM   #6
Fish-n-Chips
Working to finance a fishing addiction

Fish-n-Chips has been promoted to PirateFish-n-Chips has been promoted to PirateFish-n-Chips has been promoted to PirateFish-n-Chips has been promoted to PirateFish-n-Chips has been promoted to PirateFish-n-Chips has been promoted to PirateFish-n-Chips has been promoted to PirateFish-n-Chips has been promoted to PirateFish-n-Chips has been promoted to PirateFish-n-Chips has been promoted to PirateFish-n-Chips has been promoted to Pirate
I have an auto tether installed and it’s been a great piece of equipment, and you can attach a physical tether to it as well for piece of mind. Occasionally I’ll dunk the switch at the dock to check and it’s never failed to kill the engine. It’s always on and ready as long as you’re on the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fish-n-Chips is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2019, 09:10 AM   #7
texasislandboy
Snook Guide SPI

texasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Pirate
I have installed 6 of them this last month. Two different brands I'll have one on my boat this next week. Etec motors kill switch almost never work. I pulled mine the other day and kept on running.
texasislandboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2019, 11:46 AM   #8
EvansMarine

EvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to Pirate
We sell Auto Tether and install a bunch over the years. Never had a single complaint or issue.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:50 AM   #9
Robert.Parson
Banned

Robert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to Pirate
How many of you actually CHECK the manual kill switches ?
I check mine everytime I start the boat.
Last week, found that ONE didn't work and the other did.
Gonna replace both.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
Robert.Parson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2019, 12:55 PM   #10
Halffast61
Registered Users-pm+

Halffast61 has been promoted to PirateHalffast61 has been promoted to PirateHalffast61 has been promoted to PirateHalffast61 has been promoted to PirateHalffast61 has been promoted to PirateHalffast61 has been promoted to PirateHalffast61 has been promoted to PirateHalffast61 has been promoted to PirateHalffast61 has been promoted to PirateHalffast61 has been promoted to PirateHalffast61 has been promoted to Pirate
I end up checking mine just about every day I'm fishing. Usually it wasn't intentional, though.
Halffast61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message