Fish nets - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2020, 06:23 PM   #1
troutmauler
Registered Users-pm+

troutmauler has been promoted to Piratetroutmauler has been promoted to Piratetroutmauler has been promoted to Piratetroutmauler has been promoted to Piratetroutmauler has been promoted to Piratetroutmauler has been promoted to Piratetroutmauler has been promoted to Piratetroutmauler has been promoted to Piratetroutmauler has been promoted to Piratetroutmauler has been promoted to Piratetroutmauler has been promoted to Pirate
Fish nets

What fish net do you like to keep in your boat. I had the orange Everlast, but it got blown out somewhere on I-10, lol. Looking for something tangle free. The ever last was good, except I needed a longer handle. Thanks.
troutmauler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2020, 09:06 PM   #2
Crystalbeachangler
Catch and Release

Crystalbeachangler is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I use the red EGO Wade Net for Wading and I keep the long-handled, blue carbon fiber H2O Xpress net from Academy in the boat. It’s a telescoping handle and I’ve been really happy with it.
Crystalbeachangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2020, 09:27 PM   #3
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
I have the EGO telescoping net. Although the telescoping part became unusable about 9 months after first use. I used a screw to make it solid again. Great net and great size. Shark bit thru it when a customer tried to help net a shark.... the net is replaceable although I just "sewed" it back by hand with heavy mono. Nets a whole whole lotta fish every week.....
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2020, 09:37 AM   #4
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
I have been really happy with my StowMaster Tournament Series TS941M Precision Landing Net. It is a large...30"x32"...deep...36"...net that folds in two...16"x44" stowed size...and the handle is also telescopic...to 94". It is made from aircraft grade extruded aluminum alloy and features guardian knotless fish friendly mesh specially treated to prevent hooks from penetrating the mesh...don't know about sharks though sgrem. They are a little expensive, but they are made in the U.S.A. and backed by a lifetime breakage warranty.
bwguardian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2020, 08:25 PM   #5
troutmauler
Registered Users-pm+

troutmauler has been promoted to Piratetroutmauler has been promoted to Piratetroutmauler has been promoted to Piratetroutmauler has been promoted to Piratetroutmauler has been promoted to Piratetroutmauler has been promoted to Piratetroutmauler has been promoted to Piratetroutmauler has been promoted to Piratetroutmauler has been promoted to Piratetroutmauler has been promoted to Piratetroutmauler has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks for the recommendations.
troutmauler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2020, 12:41 PM   #6
acoastalbender
Registered Users-pm+

acoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirate
I spent a lot of time looking for a green net and the only place I found one was at West Marine ... they had 2 different types ... Some time ago I read an article on just nets and there was some credence given to color and how fish are likely to turn and try to get away from dark nets as they appear to be large dark unknown predators whereas the green appears to them more as a refuge of grass or weeds ... just got it so I'll let you know ... ... in any case it seemed to make sense and as I needed a new net anyhow ...
acoastalbender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message