2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

WTB 16" LED light Bar ...200watt

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Momma's Worry 
#1 ·
216 watt max draw .....can't find one ,need help

#10 · (Edited)
Just to be clear, are you looking for 200 actual watts or looking for an LED that throws out light equivalent to an old timey 200 watt light?

Lots of companies rate their LED lights by equivalent lumens as opposed to the actual power they consume. An LED that actually draws 200 watts can be brighter than an old timey 1000 watt halogen or incandescent light.

For example, my home-made 12V submersible green dock lights only eat 40 watts, but are just as bright as our 120V high pressure lights that eat 275 watts. The cheap Amazon spot/flood lights I installed on 2 boats eat less than 2 amps (<24 watts) and just about blind everyone within 50 yards up front.

Then, the next question is whether you plan to be able to dim the light (adjust the brightness)? The last thing you want are lights that are too bright to be used under many conditions without blinding everyone around you.

#11 ·
Re-placement Lighting

Modern LED Light Bar wanted to re-place these 3 ancient Hobbs lamps(still work just fine)...max draw on existing wiring circuit 20amps or less.....do not care about "bright" as all are overkill ....cannot exceed 18" width for protection .....all light bars we looked at (12")draw 240watts and up .....next width available was 20" and even more watts required ......why I was looking for input ......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.