2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

2013 Deleted Duramax 37k miles

5K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Hoytbowhunter 
#1 ·
I went to test drive a 2013 GMC Denali 4x4 with the 6.6 Duramax. Once I arrived at the dealership and started truck i noticed it had a straight exhaust. Then noticed a 5 or 6 position knob on steering column. So truck is obviously deleted and tuned. Truck is in excellent shape with only 37k miles.

Would it being deleted turn you away. I have owned many supercuts and Rams just never a Duramax.

Thanks

Coy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Sorry phone went crazy. With it being deleted would you still buy or should I run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
is it 37 original miles? if so that's perfect! the 5 switch means it has EFI custom tunes on it [more than likely] witch are not dirty at all.. you might look up under it and see if it has a air dog or fass fuel system on the driver side frame

#9 ·
I have a 2016 with close to 80k on it. It was deleted at 2300 miles.

I run it on the 4th tune unless Im towing then I drop it to 3.

I would check for a fass fuel pump as stated above and a cold air intake. Also check to see if there was other motor work done. Once it is deleted on the LML, typically, fuel rails are changed out.

#18 ·
I have a 2016 with close to 80k on it. It was deleted at 2300 miles.

I run it on the 4th tune unless Im towing then I drop it to 3.

I would check for a fass fuel pump as stated above and a cold air intake. Also check to see if there was other motor work done. Once it is deleted on the LML, typically, fuel rails are changed out.
And check the transmission. Allison does not like more than 90-100 hp over stock. Check transmission bolts if they have been messed with meaning upgraded clutch pack kit or for ats sticker or something. Hot tune in stock Allison is no bueno. On test drive out in hot tune and floor on on ramp. See if it flutter or stalls on upshifting. If so I'd pass. **** 40k for a truck these days ouch. Keeping my 07 Duramax , ugly but paid for!

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

#11 ·
I find it very odd that a dealership would sell a deleted diesel. That's a mega-fine if they get busted. Most won't take a truck in trade until the exhaust is restored.

BTW: TEQC & DPS are pressuring inspection stations to check for deletes on diesels. I took my VW TDI in earlier this week and they went over it very closely. I asked what the deal was and they said they had people come out from the state to do specific training on what to look for. No big deal as it's stock, but my F350 that will need inspection next year is a different story. Glad I saved all the parts.

#20 ·
Congratulations on your new truck! That's a sweet deal on the truck with 37k miles on it. Like other post have said, someone did you a favor. I have 2012 Chevy and have 90k miles on mine, It will bring a minimum of $32,000 just to compare your deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.