Intercoastal Marine - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 02-20-2006, 06:02 PM   #1
brianw5121
Registered Users-pm+

brianw5121 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)brianw5121 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)brianw5121 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Intercoastal Marine

I am moving my boat to intercoastal marine and was wondering what I might expect from any one who has there boat there or has had there boat there. Just trying to avoid surprises.

Thanks in advance

Brian
brianw5121 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2006, 06:07 PM   #2
jtburf
Back in da Saddle

jtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Pirate
High gas prices...

Live bait when they have it ...dead bait is a tad higher but they almost always have it...

Ice is marked up some (was last season)

Make sure you top off the tank when you return to port not before you plan to head out....

Other wise Randy and Susan are very nice folks...

Their boat cleaners last season were so so...

John
jtburf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2006, 07:15 PM   #3
mahiseeker
Registered Users-pm+

mahiseeker has been promoted to Piratemahiseeker has been promoted to Piratemahiseeker has been promoted to Piratemahiseeker has been promoted to Piratemahiseeker has been promoted to Piratemahiseeker has been promoted to Piratemahiseeker has been promoted to Piratemahiseeker has been promoted to Piratemahiseeker has been promoted to Piratemahiseeker has been promoted to Piratemahiseeker has been promoted to Pirate
dolphin

I've been keeping my boat there for awhile. Susan, Randy, Hector, & Tony are really nice people. They always seem to have something on the grill, late in the day, to share. A nice touch. It beats hauling, launching (in line at Bridge Bait), or filling up, although gas is a little higher. I know Susan tries to keep gas prices at a minimum markup, but last summer, gas price swings were huge. After the Hurricane, they were stuck with a really high gas price, until they could sell off their tank. I like that the tank is above ground (less chance of water in the fuel). I keep a 23' w/ my trailer on a seperate lot for $255 a month. They're always willing to help me out when needed. Since I live in Kingwood, it really is a no brainer to keep it there, instead of hauling an hour & half each way. Just call ahead of time, have them fill up w/gas, hop on the boat & go. I used to keep my other boat at GYB, had to lower the sling, load up, putz over to fill up, & then head out. I really like their set up. Be nice if they could get enclosed bathrooms, but I know Surfside doesn't have a sewer system running yet. In time! I highly recommend them!
mahiseeker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2006, 08:06 PM   #4
Muddskipper
fish control my brain

Muddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to Pirate
I dont keep a boat there, but allways fill up there.

they have real nice folks that work there and usually have bait.

I recommend them over anybody else....but look what you have to choose from
Muddskipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2006, 08:11 PM   #5
agulhas
Registered Users-pm+

agulhas has disabled reputation
i have been there for 2-3 seasons. i really like them. got a good antenna and can always get them on the vhf. also a lot of guides that are willing to share info. i like the fact that when i get there in the morning the boat has been in the water for an hour and they have cranked it - at least i know it is not going to sink yet. nice to have a "mechanic" on premises and battery charges. fun place to hang out. they keep threatening to get bathrooms but ..... they are also very careful with the boats and will go out of their way to help you. often they will put my boat in the water and run the batteries if i can't make it. also will fresh water wash and flush engines for free. good wash for $25 or so which is nice after a long day on the water (of which i don't do that oftern.)
agulhas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message