TEXAS STRIPER ASSOCIATIONPresents
April 16, 2005
National Striped Bass Association (NSBA)
Sanctioned Event Registration to be Held at the Highland Resort
Friday April 15, 6:00 - 7:00 PM and Saturday April 16, 2005, 5:30 Ė 6:00 AM
Captainís Meeting to be held at 6:00AM at the Registration Site
Weigh-In to be held at 3:00 PM at the Registration Site
* 1st $800 (Best Two Fish) * * Based On 25 Team Entries *
2nd $560 -- 3rd $240
Optional Big Fish Pot 100% Pay Out ($10.00 per boat entry)
Amateur Division Ė New!
Trophy for the Winner
Medals 1st - 3rd Place
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT
Director: Gary Loch (254) 642-3611
TEXAS STRIPER ASSOCIATION
6010 Lakehurst Dr.
NSBA AND TSA OPEN STRIPER TOURNAMENT ON LAKEBUCHANANApril 16, 20051) ELIGIBILITY - The tournament is open to the Public. If competing for the NSBA competition, the boat/team Captain of the competing boat must be a NSBA member. Texas Striper Association members pay a reduced entry fee during sanctioned events. Each contestant must hold a valid Texas fishing license (if applicable). There is no limit as to the number of contestants in each boat; however the Captain must comply with all State boating regulations. Licensed fishing guides or those who have had previously held a guide license in the last two years are ineligible for the Amateur Division.
2) FEES & REGISTRATION Ė Entry fee is $100 per boat for non-TSA members and $80 per boat for TSA members in the Pro Division. In the Amateur Division, non-TSA is $35 per boat and $25 for TSA members. Registration forms should be mailed to Texas Striper Association and postmarked no later than one week prior to tournament. On-site registration will be as posted. No registrations will be accepted after official starting time of tournament. All persons aboard a competing boat MUST BE registered with tournament officials (as identified by the TSA).
An optional $10.00 per Team will be collected prior to the event for the Big Fish pot in the Pro-Division and $5.00 per team for the Amateur Division. This is a side pot and is separate from the main competition. Only those participating in the Big Fish Pot will be eligible to win the pot contents. This big fish pot is 100% pay back.
NSBA Competitors will need to register in the NSBA competition with a separate NSBA entry form and a separate $10.00 fee. Amateur Division entries are not eligible for the NSBA competition.
3) HOURS Ė Tournament starts at 6:00 am with a Captainís meeting for all competing Captains entered in the event. Failure of a Captain to attend the Captainís meeting will disqualify that Captain and his boat. Captainís meeting will consist of a discussion of rules for the TSA/NSBA event. NSBA officials will be allocated time during this Captainís meeting as required. Captains will be released immediately following the Captainís meeting. An orderly release of boats may be required by the Tournament Director to ensure a safe start. Tournament hours are from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm on Saturday.
4) WEIGH-IN & LOCATION - Weigh-in will be at the registration site.
Saturday: 3:00 pm - Must be in line by 3:00 pm. No fish will be accepted after 3:00 pm.
5) WINNERS & POLYGRAPH - In the event of a tie, contestants will split the prizes from positions finished. A polygraph test may be given. Failure or refusal to take test will result in disqualification from tournament without refund of entry fee and suspension from future Association tournaments. Protests must be submitted in writing within 30 minutes of final weigh-in. The decisions of the Tournament Director are final.
6) FISH - All fish become the property of the Texas Striper Association. Trophy fish will be returned upon request.
7) RULES: All contestants must comply with the following tournament rules and all Local, State, and Federal Laws. Texas State fishing laws are defined in the TexasParks and Wildlife handbook. Failure to comply with the rules or the receipt of a violation during tournament hours will be grounds for disqualification.
Meeting Attendance - Failure of a team representative to attend the Captainís meeting will disqualify that Captain and his boat unless previously approved by the tournament director.
Culling - Any fish kept in possession for more than one minute cannot be culled or released. Any fish that does not swim away immediately upon release must be kept. Fish kept alive by any means are considered in possession. Each contestant may only keep five fish per day according to TPWD rules.
Equipment & Lake - Fish must be taken on rod and reel only. Live or artificial baits are permitted. Fish must be caught in the tournament lake, on the tournament date, and only during tournament hours.
All contestants must wear Coast Guard approved life jackets any time the boat is moving faster than trolling speed. No Alcoholic beverage consumption is allowed during Tournament hours. Any contestant seen drinking or showing signs of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs during tournament hours will be disqualified. All local, state, and federal laws must be obeyed.
Weigh-In - The Captain of the competing boat must weigh in the boatís fish. A maximum of two fish per competing boat may be brought to the weigh-in site and considered for the cash prize winnings. The tournament scale shall not be used to cull fish. Contestants with fish must be in line before 3:00 pm. No late fish will be accepted under any conditions.
TEXAS STRIPER ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP (Annual membership dues are $35.00 per family (Jan 1- Dec 31) and include the following Benefits). 1) Reduced Tournament Entry Fees
2) Reduced NSBA Membership Fees and NSBA Magazine Subscription
3) Monthly TSA News letter
4) Entry into Championship Points Trail (Trophies 1-3 Place)
5) Fun fishing days/Meetings and fish frying
6) Texas Striper Association decal.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
(Please cut on this line)
LAKEBUCHANAN Ė April 16, 2005 ENTRY FORM
Entry Form must be accompanied by cash or check for full payment.
Make checks payable to Texas Striper Association
NAME: __________________________________________________ ______________________ ENTRY FEE ENCLOSED: ________________
BOAT/TEAM NAME: __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
TEAM MEMBERS IN BOAT: __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
CAPTAINíS ADDRESS: _____________________________________________ OPTIONAL MEMBERSHIP FEES (TSA): ________________
CITY: __________________________ STATE: _____________ ZIP: _________________________ TOTAL ENCLOSED: ________________
PHONE: ______________________ DATE: ______________TSA MEMBER: ________ NSBA MEMBER: ________NON-MEMBER: _________
Completion of and signature on this form certifies that the contestant has read and agrees to abide by all rules and conditions of the tournament. The contestant agrees to waive all responsibility on the part of any tournament participants, officials, sponsors, the Texas Striper Association and its members as to injury and / or damages which might occur in connection with the tournament. The contestant agrees to accept the decisions of the Tournament Director as final and is willing to take a polygraph test if requested by the Tournament Director.
SIGNATURE: __________________________________________________ ___________________________ (NO ENTRY WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT PROPER NAME ADDRESS AND SIGNATURE)