Seat Covers - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2015, 08:44 AM   #1
fireBoy
Registered Users-pm+

fireBoy has been promoted to PiratefireBoy has been promoted to PiratefireBoy has been promoted to PiratefireBoy has been promoted to PiratefireBoy has been promoted to PiratefireBoy has been promoted to PiratefireBoy has been promoted to PiratefireBoy has been promoted to PiratefireBoy has been promoted to PiratefireBoy has been promoted to PiratefireBoy has been promoted to Pirate
Seat Covers

I see a lot of threads asking about seat covers and seeing as I'm trading up trucks and finally took mine off thought it might be time for a review.
I purchased Cover King neoprene seat covers through JC Whitney about 9 years ago. Apologies for not having pictures of seat covers on.
More info Below:

Truck: 2006 Ford F150 Super Crew Lariat
Truck Bought: Dec 2006
Seat Covers Installed: Feb 2006
Seat Cover Cost at Time: ~$600
Seat Covers Removed 2 times throughout life of truck
Seat Covers Final Removal: August 2015
Conditions:
18 y/o kid, going to beach, bonfires, boating, surf fishing, construction materials going in and out, construction tools going in and out, very large dogs, very large wet dogs and 137,000 miles on truck.
Only complaint was the driver’s seat slid over due to way driver got in truck.

Picture 1: Front Driver Seat
Picture 2: Front Driver Seat
Picture 3: Front Driver Seat Cover
Picture 4: Front Passenger Seat
Picture 5: Front Passenger Seat Cover
Picture 6: Rear Seats
Picture 7: Rear Seat Covers
Attached Images

fireBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2015, 10:47 AM   #2
mas360
Registered Users-pm+

mas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Pirate
You put cover on it right after you purchased the truck, how did all the stain get on the driver seat?
mas360 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2015, 11:31 AM   #3
fireBoy
Registered Users-pm+

fireBoy has been promoted to PiratefireBoy has been promoted to PiratefireBoy has been promoted to PiratefireBoy has been promoted to PiratefireBoy has been promoted to PiratefireBoy has been promoted to PiratefireBoy has been promoted to PiratefireBoy has been promoted to PiratefireBoy has been promoted to PiratefireBoy has been promoted to PiratefireBoy has been promoted to Pirate
I'm thinking with sweat, salt water and what not some staining occurred when the under layer of padding wore away the coloring from the neoprene started to rub off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2015, 01:57 PM   #4
mas360
Registered Users-pm+

mas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Pirate
Do you have photos of the seat cover installed when it was still new?
Mine is torn up at the front edge of the driver seat. Other seats are in excellent shape. I am pondering on which option to take.....go to an upholstering shop and pay $350 for the driver seat re-upholstering? or to get a seat cover like yours?

My next door neighbor had exact same tear in his F250 Lariat like mine, he used the upholster shop service and it was good for four years. It is now torn again....at same spot.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:11 PM   #5
fireBoy
Registered Users-pm+

Unfortunately I don't have many. The one I do shows the only problem I had with them. As you can see the corner like to pull up because of how I got into the truck. The other picture is where a tear developed on my seat. Is that like what you have on yours?
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2015, 11:06 PM   #6
mas360
Registered Users-pm+

Yes, it is identical to the tear on mine and my neighbor's.
I am thinking if I take it to the shop to re-upholster I'll be willing to pay extra to get them to beef up that area with double layers of leather material and double stitches.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:19 PM   #7
goodwood
shake and bake

goodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirate
My seats had about the same wear, smaller tear and no stain in my F150 Lariat in 140k miles. They were never covered. Had tan leather interior. I did take care of them and cleaned and conditioned them often. I'm really suprised there is wear like that on the seat even with a cover.
goodwood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2015, 11:22 PM   #8
scwine
It wasn't me!

scwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Pirate
My seats will be soon covered with the Wet Okole brand. http://www.wetokole.com/seat-covers.html
scwine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2015, 08:47 AM   #9
fireBoy
Registered Users-pm+

Sc - I like the variety of those okole seat covers.

Goodwood - I probably should have but I never did condition or anything. With the amount of tools boxes, bags and tools in general that went in and out, the seats would have been much more torn up.

Mas360 - The seat design has a metal piece towards the edge that it gets pulled against and wears faster. Maybe if you can grind some of that out and radius the edge, it might last longer.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:55 AM   #10
mas360
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireBoy View Post
Sc - I like the variety of those okole seat covers.

Goodwood - I probably should have but I never did condition or anything. With the amount of tools boxes, bags and tools in general that went in and out, the seats would have been much more torn up.

Mas360 - The seat design has a metal piece towards the edge that it gets pulled against and wears faster. Maybe if you can grind some of that out and radius the edge, it might last longer.
You are right. That metal piece is the culprit. Mine also got torn along the edge (driver entry door side) due to the edge. I am thinking of gluing the aftermarket edging you usually put on door edge. Grinding and radius are likely not enough since that edge is rather thin.