Worst kiicking rifle u shot? - Page 4 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Firearms/Reloading/Handloading Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2019, 08:32 PM   #31
Garzas23
ADDICTED2FISHING

Garzas23 has been promoted to the rank of BosunGarzas23 has been promoted to the rank of BosunGarzas23 has been promoted to the rank of BosunGarzas23 has been promoted to the rank of BosunGarzas23 has been promoted to the rank of BosunGarzas23 has been promoted to the rank of BosunGarzas23 has been promoted to the rank of BosunGarzas23 has been promoted to the rank of BosunGarzas23 has been promoted to the rank of BosunGarzas23 has been promoted to the rank of BosunGarzas23 has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
300 Win Mag..
Garzas23 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2019, 04:20 PM   #32
MARK MACALUSO
Registered Users-pm+

MARK MACALUSO has been promoted to PirateMARK MACALUSO has been promoted to PirateMARK MACALUSO has been promoted to PirateMARK MACALUSO has been promoted to PirateMARK MACALUSO has been promoted to PirateMARK MACALUSO has been promoted to PirateMARK MACALUSO has been promoted to PirateMARK MACALUSO has been promoted to PirateMARK MACALUSO has been promoted to PirateMARK MACALUSO has been promoted to PirateMARK MACALUSO has been promoted to Pirate
7mm mag in a Sako Finnbear. Holy freaking shananagans
MARK MACALUSO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2019, 10:19 PM   #33
Worm Drowner
Registered Users-pm+

Worm Drowner has been promoted to PirateWorm Drowner has been promoted to PirateWorm Drowner has been promoted to PirateWorm Drowner has been promoted to PirateWorm Drowner has been promoted to PirateWorm Drowner has been promoted to PirateWorm Drowner has been promoted to PirateWorm Drowner has been promoted to PirateWorm Drowner has been promoted to PirateWorm Drowner has been promoted to PirateWorm Drowner has been promoted to Pirate
Wasn't the worst kick, but 25 or so years ago, I was shooting a buddy's 30-06. I'd just been prescribed eyeglasses so I wasn't used to them and I was seated at a bench that was far too small for my 6'6" frame. I got on top of the scope, pulled the trigger and.........I still have a faint scar over my right eye after all these years.
Worm Drowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2019, 10:58 PM   #34
hjm

hjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Pirate
26 nosler without a brake
hjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019, 12:44 PM   #35
T-Roy
Registered Users-pm+

T-Roy has been promoted to PirateT-Roy has been promoted to PirateT-Roy has been promoted to PirateT-Roy has been promoted to PirateT-Roy has been promoted to PirateT-Roy has been promoted to PirateT-Roy has been promoted to PirateT-Roy has been promoted to PirateT-Roy has been promoted to PirateT-Roy has been promoted to PirateT-Roy has been promoted to Pirate
When I was about 12 years old. The Friday before opening day of deer season and before the Friday night football game. I grabbed up my Grandpa's Savage 99 30-30 with a horseshoe metal plate stock to give it a test shot before the morning hunt. Well it being Texas in November, it was hot. I only had a tee shirt on. I am 47 years old and on a cold day I can still feel it in my shoulder. LOL

That gun now is in my gun safe. I have shot it since. It does not have the same effect now. But I still respect it.
T-Roy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 03:39 PM   #36
jm423
Registered Users-pm+

jm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Pirate
In my younger days (age 8 or 10) I learned the hard way it is not advisable to cock both hammers and put fingers on both triggers of a 10 Ga double barrel. Had a different effect than shown on the Saturday matinee movies!
jm423 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2019, 06:54 PM   #37
Texas Jeweler
Registered Users-pm+

Texas Jeweler has been promoted to PirateTexas Jeweler has been promoted to PirateTexas Jeweler has been promoted to PirateTexas Jeweler has been promoted to PirateTexas Jeweler has been promoted to PirateTexas Jeweler has been promoted to PirateTexas Jeweler has been promoted to PirateTexas Jeweler has been promoted to PirateTexas Jeweler has been promoted to PirateTexas Jeweler has been promoted to PirateTexas Jeweler has been promoted to Pirate
recoil!

I have fired numerous large bore rifles over the years. The worst was Charlie Harrington's .600 NE double rifle. I called it Double Hateful. Made my nose run after I fired.

You had to hate what you were shooting at and yourself for using it. That is the only rifle I never cared to shoot again, but it did save his life in a Cape Buffalo charge.
Texas Jeweler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2019, 10:07 PM   #38
RB II
Native Texan

RB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to Pirate
30-06 sure seems to get a lot of action on this thread. I did shoot a Model 70 Winchester with the stock cut down (unbeknownst to me), it was the closest to scope burn that I ever got. That think hurt to shoot it.
RB II is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2019, 08:35 PM   #39
J L Dunn
Registered Users-pm+

J L Dunn has been promoted to PirateJ L Dunn has been promoted to PirateJ L Dunn has been promoted to PirateJ L Dunn has been promoted to PirateJ L Dunn has been promoted to PirateJ L Dunn has been promoted to PirateJ L Dunn has been promoted to PirateJ L Dunn has been promoted to PirateJ L Dunn has been promoted to PirateJ L Dunn has been promoted to PirateJ L Dunn has been promoted to Pirate
I have two (2) 510 Wells Express, one on a P-14 Action (.303 Enfield made for the Brits in WW1) and the other on on a Ruger Single Shot action.

The Ruger is not as heavy as the P-14, and consequently it's punishes more.

These rifles are not designed to be shot from sitting at the bench. You need to be standing so the whole body can come into play.

I provided the ammo for the gunsmith who built the P-14 for me, and in the deal he had to sight it in at 100 yards. What he did was fire one round then adjust the cross hairs on the scope to match the hole on paper (at 25 yards, no less).

He said one round was enough for him.

I shot the Ruger to align sights at the Golden Triangle Gun Club's range...7 times, and upon examinng my naked chest and arms two days later (I shoot from the Left side), I was a dark yellow from my wrist up to the side of my neck. Area where stock was in contact with my shoulder was dark purple, about the size of my hand.

Can't wait to go to the range again...as soon as I recuperate from the double pneumonia that **** near killed me. And that may be a while yet.

JLD
J L Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message