Rage Broad Heads . . . - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Bow Hunting Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2019, 02:51 PM   #1
hjm

hjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Pirate
Rage Broad Heads . . .

I have been an avid bow hunter for the last 15 years. For about 5 years I was exclusively bow only. After my business took off I really didn't have time to hunt much so I put the bow down for a bit. I have always used a fix blade broad head but after seeing so many of my clients shoot deer with the new rage mechanical points I am really interested in using them. I have an axis hunt booked in 3 weeks, so I am trying to decide if I want to use the old faithful muzzy 100gr 3 blade broad heads or go with the rage hypodermic points. I bought a pack to try out on some hogs before the hunt but its not looking like I will have time to make it out before my axis hunts. Anyone have anything to say about the Rage points? Pros / Cons? Thanks
hjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2019, 07:53 PM   #2
Cap'n Crunch
Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life For Me!

Cap'n Crunch has been promoted to PirateCap'n Crunch has been promoted to PirateCap'n Crunch has been promoted to PirateCap'n Crunch has been promoted to PirateCap'n Crunch has been promoted to PirateCap'n Crunch has been promoted to PirateCap'n Crunch has been promoted to PirateCap'n Crunch has been promoted to PirateCap'n Crunch has been promoted to PirateCap'n Crunch has been promoted to PirateCap'n Crunch has been promoted to Pirate
I've been using the +P's for about a year. I'm in the same boat as you - I put the bow down for a number of reasons and years and picked back up about a year ago. I have no analytic comparisons to offer you. I can tell you I've shot 6 hogs with them and 5 were fatal. The 6th wasn't a miss. I put the arrow through the pig and had meat and blood on the arrow but watched the pig running with the heard and after 200 yards there was no noticeable loss of stamina or speed from the pig, so I guess I just missed vitals.

All in all I like shooting them. Hope this helps.

Crunch out.
Cap'n Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2019, 01:05 PM   #3
Trouthunter
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
It's a mechanical head that can fail and they do fail so that's enough for me to not shoot them or any mechanical head.

TH
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2019, 11:43 AM   #4
chief1008
Registered Users-pm+

chief1008 has been promoted to Piratechief1008 has been promoted to Piratechief1008 has been promoted to Piratechief1008 has been promoted to Piratechief1008 has been promoted to Piratechief1008 has been promoted to Piratechief1008 has been promoted to Piratechief1008 has been promoted to Piratechief1008 has been promoted to Piratechief1008 has been promoted to Piratechief1008 has been promoted to Pirate
What Trouthunter said! If I have a shot at anything from a pig to an elk I don't want a gadget on the end of my arrow. Take a look at the Slick Trick bh's. They are easy to tune to field point zero. I have a 100g and 125g that I use for pre-season tune in block targets and they are still sharp enough that I would hunt with them.
chief1008 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2019, 08:36 PM   #5
PRIMETIME PLUGGER
Dirty 30 club

PRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)PRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)PRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)PRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)PRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)PRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)PRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)PRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)PRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)PRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)PRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
You will get 9 thousand different answers, I like them never had a failed issue, I wouldn't use a BH that expensive on shooting hogs. If your second guessing them go with what you know and confident in.
PRIMETIME PLUGGER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2019, 09:41 PM   #6
BigPig069
Registered Users-pm+

BigPig069 has been promoted to PirateBigPig069 has been promoted to PirateBigPig069 has been promoted to PirateBigPig069 has been promoted to PirateBigPig069 has been promoted to PirateBigPig069 has been promoted to PirateBigPig069 has been promoted to PirateBigPig069 has been promoted to PirateBigPig069 has been promoted to PirateBigPig069 has been promoted to PirateBigPig069 has been promoted to Pirate
Go with the one that took you to the dance! Muzzy 3 blade 100 grain are tried&true!! I don’t like fixing what’s not broke!!! Just myO2
BigPig069 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019, 09:13 AM   #7
mcooper
Registered Users-pm+

mcooper has been promoted to Piratemcooper has been promoted to Piratemcooper has been promoted to Piratemcooper has been promoted to Piratemcooper has been promoted to Piratemcooper has been promoted to Piratemcooper has been promoted to Piratemcooper has been promoted to Piratemcooper has been promoted to Piratemcooper has been promoted to Piratemcooper has been promoted to Pirate
Been using rage for 5 seasons now with perfect success. Messed up my shoulder and been using rage on crossbow. Kills faster than anything I've experienced. Massive blood trails.
mcooper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2019, 06:17 PM   #8
TMB
Registered Users-pm+

TMB has been promoted to PirateTMB has been promoted to PirateTMB has been promoted to PirateTMB has been promoted to PirateTMB has been promoted to PirateTMB has been promoted to PirateTMB has been promoted to PirateTMB has been promoted to PirateTMB has been promoted to PirateTMB has been promoted to PirateTMB has been promoted to Pirate
Take a look at Sevr broadheads they are top notch you won’t be disappointed!
TMB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2019, 01:01 PM   #9
hjm

hjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Pirate
I picked up 2 packs of the Rage no collar. I am heading out on Friday for a weekend of axis hunting. I will let you know how they do!
hjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 12:13 PM   #10
Beendare
Corripe Cervasium

Beendare is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I've been bowhunting for over 3 decades...and seen hundreds of kills from Whitetails to Water buffalo, my take;

Yeah the BH is a critical component. Its best to think of your setup as a 'system'.

Are you using a sufficiently heavy arrow for the less efficient mech BH to perform properly?

Then there are the critical factors for any system; BH tuning and perfect arrow assembly...absolutely crucial.

To the Rage. Its an OK head in the right system on the right shot selection. Muzzy too. They both have their downsides. Rage has thin cheap blades...and of course its a mech head.

Muzzy has cheap blades at a harsh angle.

Personally, I like a strong fixed Tapered cut on contact BH. The only downside to those is they are a little tougher to tune being longer than the short heads....but they do get consistently better performance.

What I really like is that the animal many times doesn't know its been hit...they don't go far.

Many good ones...check out Magnus Buzzcuts....and VPA's.
Beendare is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message