New to Bowfishing in Montgomery County - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Fresh water forums > Bow Fishing Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
shauntexex
Registered Users-pm+

shauntexex has been promoted to Pirateshauntexex has been promoted to Pirateshauntexex has been promoted to Pirateshauntexex has been promoted to Pirateshauntexex has been promoted to Pirateshauntexex has been promoted to Pirateshauntexex has been promoted to Pirateshauntexex has been promoted to Pirateshauntexex has been promoted to Pirateshauntexex has been promoted to Pirateshauntexex has been promoted to Pirate
sheepshead New to Bowfishing in Montgomery County

Hey guys Im new to bowfishing and live in montgomery county where are the best places to go?? Conroe, Trinity river, Livingston????? I have access to a jon boat so where do yall have the most sucess?? Is nightime the best? Thanks for the help....
shauntexex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
texas two guns
Just plain old bowfisherman

texas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Pirate
All have rough fish in them.
All will be good places to go.
Be careful on Conroe you can't shoot Grass Carp.

Oh yeah. NIGHTTIME IS THE RIGHT TIME!
texas two guns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2008, 09:55 PM   #3
bowfishrp
Another hated bowfisherman

bowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Pirate
Conroe is the closest and we shoot there when we can, but it is hard seeing those grassies getting big and we cant touch them! Livingston is the best because of the number of fish that are in that place. However, the water is not always clear because of the Trinity. There are plenty of big gar in the lake and above and below the lake but I fish the lake because there is always a chance a big gar might come visit!
I only bowfish at night....daytime is ok, but when you can see 100 times as many fish at night....
bowfishrp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #4
Robert10
Registered Users-pm+

Robert10 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert10 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert10 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert10 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert10 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert10 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert10 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert10 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert10 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert10 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert10 has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
I fish on conroe, the north end of the lake is pretty good. Me and my buddy who is about 6'7 have been shootin the **** out of gar and some buffalo carp.
Robert10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2008, 11:13 PM   #5
shauntexex
Registered Users-pm+

shauntexex has been promoted to Pirateshauntexex has been promoted to Pirateshauntexex has been promoted to Pirateshauntexex has been promoted to Pirateshauntexex has been promoted to Pirateshauntexex has been promoted to Pirateshauntexex has been promoted to Pirateshauntexex has been promoted to Pirateshauntexex has been promoted to Pirateshauntexex has been promoted to Pirateshauntexex has been promoted to Pirate
haha funny robert whos your buddy thats 6'7 haha thanks for the info guys why cant you shoot grass carp??? My buddy robert talked to a game warden and he said that you just cant shoot a white armour??? Is that right??
Old 07-30-2008, 07:08 PM   #6
bowfishrp
Another hated bowfisherman

bowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Pirate
White Amours are grass carp...thats what we call them.

BTW there are almost no buffalo in Conroe, but there are tons of german carp....they are more orange/yellow than the gray grass carp. There are quite a few gar on the north end, but stay away from Cagle campgrounds. The rangers are serious about the noise, even generator noise.
bowfishrp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2008, 10:56 PM   #7
shauntexex
Registered Users-pm+

Gotcha whats the easiest way to tell a grass carp from all the rest they seem to be grey in color in some pictures and a yellowish orangish color in others??? So basically you can shoot as many catfish, gar, carp (besides the grass carp) and all other non game species you can??? No bag limits or anything??
Old 07-31-2008, 03:34 PM   #8
Txmm13
TXMM13

Txmm13 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Txmm13 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Txmm13 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Txmm13 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Txmm13 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Txmm13 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Txmm13 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Txmm13 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Txmm13 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Txmm13 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Txmm13 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I've been on Conroe acouple of times and have been cussed at by the home owners. They tell me all kinds of stuff from there calling the cops/game wardens to how would you like me to stick you with one of those things. LOL. I never touch there docks or any private property. Them yelling at me isnt that illegal something about disturbing hunting and fishing?
Txmm13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2008, 04:35 PM   #9
Robert10
Registered Users-pm+

Robert10 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert10 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert10 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert10 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert10 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert10 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert10 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert10 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert10 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert10 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert10 has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Is it illegal to troll up and shoot gar underneath peoples lights at night??
Robert10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2008, 12:28 PM   #10
texas two guns
Just plain old bowfisherman

texas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Pirate
No, that ain't illegal, but if they are out there fishing I'd say it was
unethical. Txmm13, yes that is called harrasment and you can call
a game warden on them. I wouldn't call the game warden the shauntexex's
friend talked to cause he don't even know that a white amur and a grass
carp are the same fish.
texas two guns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message