Ruger PC 9 Carbine - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Firearms/Reloading/Handloading Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2019, 12:08 PM   #1
Muddskipper
fish control my brain

Muddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to Pirate
Fireworks Ruger PC 9 Carbine

Any of you gents running a Ruger Pistol Caliber Carbine?

Academy put it on sale and I have been in the market for a 9mm carbine that could take glock mags.

I simply was not happy with the AR-9's and did not want to drop the serious cash on a $1K set up.

It seems to check all the boxes:

Glock mag compatable
Value
Good reviews
Breaks down for easier cleaning

Curious if any of you have started to mod yours out yet?

Any optics that make it a great toy?
Muddskipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2019, 01:53 PM   #2
FishTEX
Registered Users-pm+

FishTEX has been promoted to PirateFishTEX has been promoted to PirateFishTEX has been promoted to PirateFishTEX has been promoted to PirateFishTEX has been promoted to PirateFishTEX has been promoted to PirateFishTEX has been promoted to PirateFishTEX has been promoted to PirateFishTEX has been promoted to PirateFishTEX has been promoted to PirateFishTEX has been promoted to Pirate
Im a big fan of the keltec.
FishTEX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2019, 02:51 PM   #3
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
I have a Ruger 44 semi auto carbine. Doesnt take mags but does shoot pistol caliber. I have a 1 - 4 shotgun reticle scope for it so it has a very thick heavy reticle. For brush country I love it. Like shooting skeet when hogs or deer jump up in close quarters. Have put down lots of both. Lots and lots. An accurate to 125 yards plus or so.

I know not what you are asking but.... never seen much practical hunting value in those 9mm carbines. Just a cheap to shoot plinker.... but seems any other caliber carbine is more useful. A 10/22 is cheaper still and more useful....

Just my 2 cents for ya.

Last edited by sgrem; 12-31-2019 at 02:57 PM.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2019, 04:04 PM   #4
maschilhab
Registered Users-pm+

maschilhab is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Probably not the answer you're looking for but I was strongly considering getting the Ruger PC9 for all the same reasons you have listed. I ultimately ended up building an AR-9 using mostly Foxtrot Mike products (complete upper with stripped lower) because I was wanting a shorter 8.5" barrel for suppressor use. Once I got it tuned with a PCC heavy buffer and extra power spring it runs flawless with ALL ammo. Primary Arms has some FM complete pistols/rifles on sale quite frequent for only a hundred or two more than the PC9 if it helps sway your decision... I've heard great reviews on the PC9 but love the versatility and parts availability going with an AR-9.
maschilhab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2020, 02:56 PM   #5
ockhamsrazor
Registered Users-pm+

ockhamsrazor has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)ockhamsrazor has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)ockhamsrazor has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)ockhamsrazor has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)ockhamsrazor has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)ockhamsrazor has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)ockhamsrazor has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)ockhamsrazor has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)ockhamsrazor has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)ockhamsrazor has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)ockhamsrazor has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
yes I own one

Yes I own one bought it when they first came out. I have probably put over 500 rds thru it with no problems. I run a Sig Romeo 5 on mine and it shoots really well. I have the adapter for the Glock mags in it and have a couple of the 32rd mags all of them work well with out any hiccups. I use the Romeo 5 because it has the system that goes to sleep when it sits still for a while and wakes up when it is moved. This keeps me from having to remember to turn it on or off. Of course this only works if its use in the house where it doesn't get moved much. I have a suppressor that I put on and off but the shift in point of impact is so much that I usually just shoot with out it. Plus you get a lot blow back out the ejection port when it the suppressor is on. This is common on a blow back firearm, doesn't happen as bad with a lock breach firearm.
Would I recommend it yes, its a fun gun and holds it point of impact even though its a takedown. I had a couple of AR9s but I like the Ruger better JM2CW
ockhamsrazor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message