Accounting software - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Investments and finance
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2018, 07:28 AM   #1
BullyARed
Registered Users-pm+

BullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to Pirate
Accounting software

Need a recommendation on accounting software that is not expensive but good enough to keep track of money transaction (withdraw, purchases, etc...), report, etc.. Thanks.
BullyARed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2018, 07:34 AM   #2
al_carl
Registered Users-pm+

al_carl has been promoted to Pirateal_carl has been promoted to Pirateal_carl has been promoted to Pirateal_carl has been promoted to Pirateal_carl has been promoted to Pirateal_carl has been promoted to Pirateal_carl has been promoted to Pirateal_carl has been promoted to Pirateal_carl has been promoted to Pirateal_carl has been promoted to Pirateal_carl has been promoted to Pirate
I've been using Quicken for nearly 20 years.

Their tracking and reporting are very robust. They just switched to a subscription based model that I'm not thrilled with but I haven't been able to find a suitable alternative so far. They charge anywhere from $35-$100/year depending on what you need to do. The largest package is if you are running a business or tracking a lot of real estate etc.
al_carl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2018, 07:51 AM   #3
BullyARed
Registered Users-pm+

BullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_carl View Post
I've been using Quicken for nearly 20 years.

Their tracking and reporting are very robust. They just switched to a subscription based model that I'm not thrilled with but I haven't been able to find a suitable alternative so far. They charge anywhere from $35-$100/year depending on what you need to do. The largest package is if you are running a business or tracking a lot of real estate etc.
Thanks. Is it Quickbooks version? There are so many Quickens!
BullyARed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2018, 07:57 AM   #4
al_carl
Registered Users-pm+

al_carl has been promoted to Pirateal_carl has been promoted to Pirateal_carl has been promoted to Pirateal_carl has been promoted to Pirateal_carl has been promoted to Pirateal_carl has been promoted to Pirateal_carl has been promoted to Pirateal_carl has been promoted to Pirateal_carl has been promoted to Pirateal_carl has been promoted to Pirateal_carl has been promoted to Pirate
No, they aren't the same. Intuit used to own Quickbooks and Quicken but they sold Quicken off a couple of years ago. Just go to www.quicken.com and you can see the different options.

Quickbooks is good too, and it's what I use here at the office, but it's specifically designed for business and is much more expensive.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:00 AM   #5
al_carl
Registered Users-pm+

Here's an even better option!!

You can download last year's version and it's not the subscription model. It will be supported for 3 years before it's phased out. 2017 is the version I am currently running.

http://www.taxreturnstore.us/Quicken-Deluxe-2017
Old 02-02-2018, 08:04 AM   #6
Supergas

Supergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to Pirate
Idea Accounting Software

I used QuickBooks Online (cloud Based) for my oilfield supply business which needed a full AR/AP/Inventory accounting program, can accommodate multiple users and generate any report you might need.. I was paying just over $50 per month..

However, I use Wave Accounting (Cloud Based) for my Boat & RV Storage, which is much simpler, links to my bank account so I dont have to enter transactions, only edit them.. It does allow multiple users, but has limited reporting..enough for this business.. PLUS IT IS FREE!!!

I have been using Wave for over 5 years and like it as it is simple to use and allows me to track anything I need..

Just my 2c worth..

Good luck,

Supergas
Supergas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2018, 09:46 AM   #7
fishingcacher
Registered Users-pm+

fishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Pirate
I volunteer for a Non-Profit. We were in a grant program that required us to use Quickbooks desktop. Since we are a non-profit I was able to buy the multi-user version for $125 through TechSoup. The desktop version is a one time fee the onlune version is $10/month. Intuiit prefers you to use the online version since they get money each and every month.

The tool is not perfect but for the most part it gets the job done. You can try the online version for free for 30 days to see if you like it. In my opnion the company has not kept up with the times since it doesn't appear to easily handle interfaces to things like third party sales like square. Part of the issue may be that Square information is not easily assessible. Quickbooks is great for reports and financial statements.
fishingcacher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2018, 10:29 AM   #8
fishinguy
Registered Users-pm+

fishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Pirate
Ugggg this is something that I really need to get done this year. My books area freaking disaster. I pay a later fee every quarter for sales tax. Who freaking knows what the final bottom line is when all is said and done. However it seems to be the last thing I want to spend time or money on, I've tried paying for help but I never can get effective help to get this setup.
fishinguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2018, 09:51 PM   #9
cman
Registered Users-pm+

cman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Ugggg this is something that I really need to get done this year. My books area freaking disaster. I pay a later fee every quarter for sales tax. Who freaking knows what the final bottom line is when all is said and done. However it seems to be the last thing I want to spend time or money on, I've tried paying for help but I never can get effective help to get this setup.
I use Quickbooks online. Twice a year I hire a bookkeeper to reconcile my mess. She is epic and sweet as can be. Does it all remotely. I give her access to my bank accounts and Quickbooks and she gets it done. Sends it to my CPA once per year.
I generate 60-70 invoices per month (edit- just looked and it's 90-120). She reconciles every transaction I make in personal and business.
Costs me around $1800 per year.

If you call her, tell her Craig sent you.

http://www.bookkeepersofhouston.com/
cman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2018, 04:51 AM   #10
graynor
Registered Users-pm+

graynor has been promoted to Pirategraynor has been promoted to Pirategraynor has been promoted to Pirategraynor has been promoted to Pirategraynor has been promoted to Pirategraynor has been promoted to Pirategraynor has been promoted to Pirategraynor has been promoted to Pirategraynor has been promoted to Pirategraynor has been promoted to Pirategraynor has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks for the post 2coolers. Craig I just sent a email requesting a call.
graynor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message