Pecan table wip - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Wood Turning & Wood Working Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2017, 01:27 PM   #1
ak
Registered Users-pm+

ak has been promoted to Pirateak has been promoted to Pirateak has been promoted to Pirateak has been promoted to Pirateak has been promoted to Pirateak has been promoted to Pirateak has been promoted to Pirateak has been promoted to Pirateak has been promoted to Pirateak has been promoted to Pirateak has been promoted to Pirate
Pecan table wip

Working towards building a table out of pecan I just cut the slabs. Planning a live edge 7-8’ long first step done slabs cut. I have to let the slabs dry out I have sprayed them with timbor and I had an end grain sealer but I have misplaced it I may use paint I don’t know if that will work or not. I haven’t decide what to use for legs may cut some 4x4 pieces from the pecan I have left or use something else.
Attached Images

ak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2017, 02:06 PM   #2
Bobby
Registered Users-pm+

Bobby has disabled reputation
Use latex paint
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2017, 07:43 PM   #3
Mikeyhunts
Registered Users-pm+

Mikeyhunts has been promoted to PirateMikeyhunts has been promoted to PirateMikeyhunts has been promoted to PirateMikeyhunts has been promoted to PirateMikeyhunts has been promoted to PirateMikeyhunts has been promoted to PirateMikeyhunts has been promoted to PirateMikeyhunts has been promoted to PirateMikeyhunts has been promoted to PirateMikeyhunts has been promoted to PirateMikeyhunts has been promoted to Pirate
Going to be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mikeyhunts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2017, 10:04 AM   #4
Bocephus
"It's good to be...Me" ><)))'>

Bocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to Pirate
ak,

You might consider hairpin legs. I've used them with great results. The rods on the 3 rod hairpin legs are 1/2" diameter and can support lots of weight. They are also reasonably priced.

http://www.diyhairpinlegs.com/

Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2018, 06:03 PM   #5
THE FISH BAIT
Registered Users-pm+

THE FISH BAIT has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)THE FISH BAIT has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)THE FISH BAIT has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)THE FISH BAIT has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)THE FISH BAIT has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)THE FISH BAIT has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)THE FISH BAIT has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)THE FISH BAIT has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)THE FISH BAIT has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)THE FISH BAIT has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)THE FISH BAIT has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
I use whatever leftover paint I have laying around. The legs are only limited by your imagination. Good luck and keep us updated!

FB
THE FISH BAIT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2018, 09:56 AM   #6
galvbay
Registered Users-pm+

galvbay has been promoted to Pirategalvbay has been promoted to Pirategalvbay has been promoted to Pirategalvbay has been promoted to Pirategalvbay has been promoted to Pirategalvbay has been promoted to Pirategalvbay has been promoted to Pirategalvbay has been promoted to Pirategalvbay has been promoted to Pirategalvbay has been promoted to Pirategalvbay has been promoted to Pirate
Save some for the lathe!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
galvbay is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2018, 12:32 AM   #7
cheetah
Registered Users-pm+

cheetah has been promote to Gunnercheetah has been promote to Gunnercheetah has been promote to Gunnercheetah has been promote to Gunnercheetah has been promote to Gunnercheetah has been promote to Gunnercheetah has been promote to Gunnercheetah has been promote to Gunnercheetah has been promote to Gunnercheetah has been promote to Gunnercheetah has been promote to Gunner
live edge table

here are a couple I built from cypress.
Attached Images

cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2018, 07:11 AM   #8
jtburf
Back in da Saddle

jtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Pirate
Cheetah,

Great work, very impressive.

John
jtburf is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2018, 09:50 AM   #9
jm423
Registered Users-pm+

jm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Pirate
Great looking start. I nearly cry when I think of all the beautiful wood that was ground to chips after Harvey!
jm423 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2018, 02:09 AM   #10
ak
Registered Users-pm+

ak has been promoted to Pirateak has been promoted to Pirateak has been promoted to Pirateak has been promoted to Pirateak has been promoted to Pirateak has been promoted to Pirateak has been promoted to Pirateak has been promoted to Pirateak has been promoted to Pirateak has been promoted to Pirateak has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
here are a couple I built from cypress.
How long did you dry the wood?
ak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message