Short but Sweet Trip Apr 26-27 19 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 04-28-2019, 11:21 AM   #1
bjd76
Registered Users-pm+

bjd76 has been promoted to Piratebjd76 has been promoted to Piratebjd76 has been promoted to Piratebjd76 has been promoted to Piratebjd76 has been promoted to Piratebjd76 has been promoted to Piratebjd76 has been promoted to Piratebjd76 has been promoted to Piratebjd76 has been promoted to Piratebjd76 has been promoted to Piratebjd76 has been promoted to Pirate
tuna Short but Sweet Trip Apr 26-27 19

As always, I was watching the weather for a window and about a week ago saw that a Sat-Sun trip looked really good. As the week progressed it went from 5-10 to 10-15kt winds and from less than 2s, to 2-3s. Friday morning was supposed to be 2-4s and 15kt winds from the North. Checked and at 7am it was only 4kts. Hmmmm…

Had an appointment until 11am but got to thinking that the front wasn’t as strong as they thought and that if so, Sunday winds might get even stronger? Called Shane, Matt, and Andy and told them the situation and maybe we should scramble and get out later this afternoon. Amazing enough, everyone was able to do that so off we went, leaving Bridge Bait at 4 pm.

Saw the best weed line I’ve seen in years and stopped to check for some mahi – no one home yet. Noticed that my port engine had stalled? Long story short, we trouble shot it and got going after about an hour delay, arriving at the Floater about 9pm.

We started fishing and after about a half hour, figured out the drift and where the fish were and blackfin started wearing us out. And did so all night! Andy got the first yft, about a 35 inch fish. We kept at it and I think Matt got hooked up next. He fought a nice ~100#er to the boat and with a double gaff we got her in the boat. I think I was next to hook up and fought a ~90# to the boat but she screamed line when she saw us and my leader broke (looked like the solid ring may have had a burr and the line got cut there?).

We kept at it and I get another nice strike and we get a 80#er in the boat. Matt gets the next yft strike and he fights a 90#er to the boat and another double gaff and she is in the fish box. In between the yft bites, did I mention the bft were wearing us out!

Andy and I both hook up and I maneuver to stay out of his way. Turned out to be a good thing because mine comes unbuttoned (leader cut by something?) And he continues to fight his on and on and on… Passes to me and I fight her a good 20 minutes, pass to Matt… We fought that fish for about an hour and 20 minutes. I would fight to get 2-3 feet of line at a time and then she would slowly just jerk line out for 20 feet with an occasional wild @ss run now and then to demoralize us. We had her within 3 feet of surface at least 5 times only to have jerk or rip line to humiliate us! We finally get her close enough to gaff and do so! Turns out she was hooked in the eve socket area so her gills were free for oxygen flow and we had NO leverage to turn her head. Wore out and wanting to make sure we had no further engine troubles we slow boated for 3 hours on one engine and then fired up the other and made it home without further incident.

Shorter but successful trip. Tight lines all and be safe out there. Oh yea, Halcos were the ticket for us.
Attached Images

Last edited by bjd76; 04-28-2019 at 11:37 AM.
bjd76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2019, 11:35 AM   #2
hog
Lifes 2 Short 2 B So Serious All Da Time

hog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Pirate
Great Job as Always Fellas,

Yall Dunn GoouD!

hog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2019, 12:41 PM   #3
mrsh978
Play Deep

mrsh978 has been promoted to Piratemrsh978 has been promoted to Piratemrsh978 has been promoted to Piratemrsh978 has been promoted to Piratemrsh978 has been promoted to Piratemrsh978 has been promoted to Piratemrsh978 has been promoted to Piratemrsh978 has been promoted to Piratemrsh978 has been promoted to Piratemrsh978 has been promoted to Piratemrsh978 has been promoted to Pirate
You the man
mrsh978 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2019, 01:02 PM   #4
Drundel
Registered Users-pm+

Drundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to Pirate
Very cool Need to get some video next time of the Halcos getting hit.
Drundel is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2019, 08:33 PM   #5
snarfer35
Registered Users-pm+

snarfer35 has been promoted to the rank of Riggersnarfer35 has been promoted to the rank of Riggersnarfer35 has been promoted to the rank of Riggersnarfer35 has been promoted to the rank of Riggersnarfer35 has been promoted to the rank of Riggersnarfer35 has been promoted to the rank of Riggersnarfer35 has been promoted to the rank of Riggersnarfer35 has been promoted to the rank of Riggersnarfer35 has been promoted to the rank of Riggersnarfer35 has been promoted to the rank of Riggersnarfer35 has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
It was a great trip. Glad the port motor cooperated with us to get us home.
snarfer35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2019, 04:17 AM   #6
Stephanb
Registered Users-pm+

Stephanb has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStephanb has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStephanb has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStephanb has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStephanb has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStephanb has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStephanb has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStephanb has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStephanb has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStephanb has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStephanb has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Way to go👍
Stephanb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2019, 08:53 AM   #7
gordaskipper
Registered Users-pm+

gordaskipper has been promoted to Pirategordaskipper has been promoted to Pirategordaskipper has been promoted to Pirategordaskipper has been promoted to Pirategordaskipper has been promoted to Pirategordaskipper has been promoted to Pirategordaskipper has been promoted to Pirategordaskipper has been promoted to Pirategordaskipper has been promoted to Pirategordaskipper has been promoted to Pirategordaskipper has been promoted to Pirate
How big was the Tuna you lost any idea ? nice job by the way
gordaskipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2019, 09:41 AM   #8
texasislandboy
Snook Guide SPI

texasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Pirate
Man everything eats halcos I keep them in my boat all the time.
texasislandboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2019, 06:14 PM   #9
Finatic31
Registered Users-pm+

Finatic31 has been promoted to PirateFinatic31 has been promoted to PirateFinatic31 has been promoted to PirateFinatic31 has been promoted to PirateFinatic31 has been promoted to PirateFinatic31 has been promoted to PirateFinatic31 has been promoted to PirateFinatic31 has been promoted to PirateFinatic31 has been promoted to PirateFinatic31 has been promoted to PirateFinatic31 has been promoted to Pirate
Hooked up on a Blue Suit in Venice on a halco a month ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasislandboy View Post
Man everything eats halcos I keep them in my boat all the time.
Finatic31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2019, 10:15 AM   #10
photofishin
Registered Users-pm+

photofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Pirate
awesome Bruce!
photofishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message