West Coast Custom Rod Show - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Rod building forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
Doc Labanowski
Registered Users-pm+

Doc Labanowski has been promoted to PirateDoc Labanowski has been promoted to PirateDoc Labanowski has been promoted to PirateDoc Labanowski has been promoted to PirateDoc Labanowski has been promoted to PirateDoc Labanowski has been promoted to PirateDoc Labanowski has been promoted to PirateDoc Labanowski has been promoted to PirateDoc Labanowski has been promoted to PirateDoc Labanowski has been promoted to PirateDoc Labanowski has been promoted to Pirate
West Coast Custom Rod Show

Hello my South Coast Friends after making sure with Mont about the approriateness of posting this little release on our annual show I want to put it up so you all know we are up and running again. Though I know it is quite a trek for many of you I just want you to all know about it and check out the link to the web site. Last years show was surpisinly successful. Of course we would love to have any of you there to either show or attend. If you have any questions please contact me. Also please take advantage of our offer to show a rod in the booth that will be attached to mine even if you cant attend in person. The entire rod building world is really one big family and we would love to have any of you represented in any way. Also remember we have lots of activities in So Cal for the whole family. Disneyland is just minutes from the show and the fishing posibilities are anywhere - fresh or salt water. A good possibility exists of a charter the day after the show. Again We and more specifically I would love to have any and all of you join us.

Subject : West Coast Custom Fishing Rod Show – 5/2/09

Hi Gang,
Just an update on the 2009 WCCFRS May 2nd in Costa Mesa. This year’s event is shaping up nicely. Our main vendors are back and we have additional booth space available for new vendors as well. We are now finalizing the floor plan for the Rod Builder Booths and demo areas.
As you may already know, we have leased a larger building for this year’s event to allow for more booth and seminar space. We will be doubling the seminar area size from last year, which will allow us to run two classes at once, plus we have allowed space for ongoing “up close” demos throughout the day.
Joining our staff this year is Terry Henson, who will be organizing the Educational portion of the Show. Terry is the owner of Henson Rods in La Verne, CA., Terry’s rods have been seen on the cover of RodMaker Magazine and in the hands of “distinguished” fishermen around the world. His work will blow your mind and Terry is very open to sharing his techniques with fellow builders.
Another addition this year will be some pretty cool door prizes. There’s nothing to buy to get in the drawings except your ticket at the door. Drawings will go on throughout the day with the “Grand Prize” being drawn at the end of the show. We’ll have an updated list of prizes on the website in the next few weeks.
**Here’s some general information for those who didn’t make it to the show last year**
Rod Builders: For those of you interested in selling your Custom Rods, Rod Builders can sell or take orders on custom rods from their tables for only $125. We’ll deliver the fishermen to you, and the Manufacturers will have all of the latest and greatest in blanks and components on display for your potential customers to choose from. Talk about a captive audience. This is the best bang a Professional Builder can get for his marketing buck ANYWHERE. I’m available to help any of you who want to exhibit, by answering your questions, or making suggestions on how to make the most of your time displaying at the show.
Not ready for a booth, but would still like to show off your work? I plan on having space in my booth for new and old builders to display a rod for FREE (except shipping or your entry to the show). This is a chance for anyone to strut their stuff. It is not a competition, just a way to show others what you can do. Even if you can’t make it for the show, we would like it if you sent a rod to us to put on display. I think the idea is to show the width and breath of techniques and the amount of builders there are out there. Anyone across the nation is invited to join in. My suggestion would be to send us the rod in a stout PVC tube and include a return label and the postage needed to do it. The will be cared after like they are my own. Anyone interested please contact me for more information.
Fishermen: This is the place to learn anything and everything about fishing rods! There will be rod builders and component designers on-hand who will gladly explain anything from what makes one action or type of rod better for a specific species or angling technique, to what guide ring materials are best suited to your needs. Fishing rods are first and foremost a tool, and the more you know about your tools, the more effective you will be with them!

There’s a lot more to a custom fishing rod than picking your favorite colors. A Professional Rod Builder will fit the rod to both you and your style of fishing, as well as provide you with choices and recommendations on the most up to date materials available to make your fishing experience more productive and enjoyable.

Ever wonder what exactly goes into building a rod? Ever had the desire to learn how to build your own but didn’t know where to begin? Come sit in on any of the free seminars ranging from basic rod building to advanced thread art. Books, video's and rod kits for those just starting out will be available and on sale! The general fishing public is welcomed, and strongly urged to attend this event!

For more information, please visit www.WestCoastCustomRodShow.com and we’ll see you there![/quote][/quote]
Doc Labanowski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2009, 12:41 AM   #2
Raymond Adams
Registered Users-pm+

Raymond Adams has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRaymond Adams has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRaymond Adams has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRaymond Adams has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRaymond Adams has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRaymond Adams has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRaymond Adams has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRaymond Adams has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRaymond Adams has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRaymond Adams has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRaymond Adams has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
I missed last year but come heck or high water I will make it down this year!

So, if yer on the road headed south from Nor. Cal to So. Cal and ya see a dude with a rod tube and his thumb out PLEASE help a fella along! (hope it wont come to that but Im going!)
Raymond Adams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message