POC rods? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Rod building forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2021, 10:34 AM   #1
ccoker
Registered Users-pm+

ccoker has been promoted to Pirateccoker has been promoted to Pirateccoker has been promoted to Pirateccoker has been promoted to Pirateccoker has been promoted to Pirateccoker has been promoted to Pirateccoker has been promoted to Pirateccoker has been promoted to Pirateccoker has been promoted to Pirateccoker has been promoted to Pirateccoker has been promoted to Pirate
POC rods?

anyone use the POC rods?
ccoker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2021, 12:21 PM   #2
PBC
Registered Users-pm+

PBC has been promoted to PiratePBC has been promoted to PiratePBC has been promoted to PiratePBC has been promoted to PiratePBC has been promoted to PiratePBC has been promoted to PiratePBC has been promoted to PiratePBC has been promoted to PiratePBC has been promoted to PiratePBC has been promoted to PiratePBC has been promoted to Pirate
We build our own rods in this forum. Might try the wading or saltwater forum
PBC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2021, 01:49 PM   #3
ccoker
Registered Users-pm+

ccoker has been promoted to Pirateccoker has been promoted to Pirateccoker has been promoted to Pirateccoker has been promoted to Pirateccoker has been promoted to Pirateccoker has been promoted to Pirateccoker has been promoted to Pirateccoker has been promoted to Pirateccoker has been promoted to Pirateccoker has been promoted to Pirateccoker has been promoted to Pirate
gotcha..
I did that with my dad a long time ago.. fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2021, 08:48 AM   #4
fish4food
Registered Users-pm+

fish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Pirate
Yes I have used their rods. Well built quality rods. He has a rod for about every price point you could think of. Would still probably come out cheaper than others.

Good folks to deal with, good customer service.

Anything in particular you’re looking for? Ask away.
fish4food is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2021, 09:24 AM   #5
ccoker
Registered Users-pm+

Just looking at adding another rod, like a 6'6 lightweight for wading and throwing soft plastics and small top waters.. I have two Waterloos and like them. A guide I have fished with switched to them. I know how the industry works and don't take that to mean a whole lot, of course he wouldn't use them if they were ****. I suspect for the same price point they are comparable to Waterloo, especially if they are using the same hardware or very similiar.
Old 02-15-2021, 10:13 PM   #6
fish4food
Registered Users-pm+

fish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Pirate
If you can’t stop by, call and ask. They can build you what you’re looking for.
If I didn’t have the rods I already have.c I’d give them serious consideration especially since they are local.
fish4food is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2021, 11:18 AM   #7
ccoker
Registered Users-pm+

well, their rods are actually made in Round Rock at their sister company
https://www.centraltexasoutdoors.com/

They are about 15 minutes from me, I live in Austin
I will be checking in sometime soon.
Old 02-18-2021, 07:00 PM   #8
HiMe
Registered Users-pm+

HiMe has been promoted to PirateHiMe has been promoted to PirateHiMe has been promoted to PirateHiMe has been promoted to PirateHiMe has been promoted to PirateHiMe has been promoted to PirateHiMe has been promoted to PirateHiMe has been promoted to PirateHiMe has been promoted to PirateHiMe has been promoted to PirateHiMe has been promoted to Pirate
It's hard to glean any real information from their websites. In fact, they have contradictory details with respect to action type for some of their rods.
HiMe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2021, 09:49 AM   #9
ccoker
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiMe View Post
It's hard to glean any real information from their websites. In fact, they have contradictory details with respect to action type for some of their rods.
yeah, I called to ask some questions and the person that answered the phone couldn't answer any of them, I needed to talk with the rod builder himself.
She was upfront about it all..