To early to wade the surf? - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-22-2020, 12:55 PM   #21
jtburf
Back in da Saddle

jtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Pirate
Fellas, it is a touch nautical out there these days. You will take a few over the Bow AKA Head!!
http://www.galveston.com/webcams/babes-beach-videocam/

John
jtburf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2020, 01:10 PM   #22
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpgrinder3 View Post
"typically dinks " in the surf ? As a 50 year plus surf fisherman this has not been my experience
Catch bruisers in surf and way less sandies for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2020, 01:10 PM   #23
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakforestmx View Post
LOL, the tide runners i've found in the surf are not typical or dinky.
And they fight alot harder

hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2020, 01:18 PM   #24
gigem87
Lord, beer me strength!

gigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirate
I've been fishing the surf for trout my whole life. I bet I haven't caught a dozen trout that were true dinks.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
gigem87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2020, 05:01 PM   #25
shadslinger

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane matt View Post

Absolutely! They will make the line sing.
Old 04-23-2020, 06:35 AM   #26
LaddH
Registered Users-pm+

LaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane matt View Post

And to me they taste better.

Here is one from the surf last Monday. First of the year for me. I will be trying again today.
Attached Images

LaddH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2020, 08:04 AM   #27
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaddH View Post
And to me they taste better.

Here is one from the surf last Monday. First of the year for me. I will be trying again today.
what kind of lure is that? looks like a cross between a fish and shrimp, good color. smart on the life jacket, don't see many of those being used these days.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2020, 08:33 AM   #28
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon state record

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccain View Post
x2. my 2 biggest trout ever have come from the surf including the one in my avatar. had quite a few over 20" last year
don't get me wrong guys, a lot of big fish come from the surf. i'm a nice guy, but not necessarily a dummy. the old state record came from I believe the flagship pier, galvetraz. There was a time brown cedar surf East Gorda, was one of the highlight of my fishing. Caught dozens and dozens of 4 to 7lb trout in the surf. When I reminisants, and my mind takes me back in time, one of the places I find myself, is the Brown Cedar cut surf. The structure there is a fish magnet. At this time cell phones didn't exist. One of my mentors left me on the beachfront fishing solo more than once, while he would return to the boat ramp to retrieve a friend to join us. Back then you would have to make plans the previous night, so while fishing, he'd tell me I talked to so and so last night, and he wants us to pick him up at the ramp at noon. I'd grab a sandwich and drink from the boat, and tell him I'll be right here when you get back. I'd kick back, have a sandwich and soft drink on the beach, only accessible by boat so I was alone. Then go back to fishing til they got back.

We don't have what we did back then.

There was a time if you found the birds working, easy limits of solid fish, 18 to 22 inches. Now it's dink city under the birds. I've watched a lot of changes in the last 35 plus years of non-stop hard core coastal fishing. It's my passion, we are serious about, so when I make these comments, it's strictly my honest experience, and not in any way meant to be derogatory.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2020, 01:20 PM   #29
LaddH
Registered Users-pm+

LaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by c hook View Post
what kind of lure is that? looks like a cross between a fish and shrimp, good color. smart on the life jacket, don't see many of those being used these days.
It is a Pink Yozuri hard plastic shrimp with a little additional pink finger nail polish on the tail and a dot behind the head. Trout and reds love it this time of year.
http://yo-zuri.com/products/crystal-3d-shrimp-tm/

I even caught a black drum on it that day.
I tried again today and my wife got one keeper red and I got an undersized red. It was rough, off colored and the beach was coved in water hyacinth so I guess it was pretty fresh.
Next time maybe.
I try to wear the life jacket in the surf or on any wade I don’t know real well.
I shed it if I am only going knee deep or so on the beach. Unless it is really hot I don’t even know it is there.
I worked in marine construction so I got use to wearing a work vest.

Last edited by LaddH; 04-23-2020 at 01:35 PM.
LaddH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2020, 05:02 PM   #30
Davidsel47
Registered Users-pm+

Davidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to Pirate
Im gonna try surf fishing out, sounds pretty fun.
Davidsel47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message