Rockport 4/15, 16,17 2020 - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-19-2020, 09:54 PM   #11
B&C
Registered Users-pm+

B&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to Pirate
I don't think I've seen that glow catch 2000 in a fishing report before. I have a friend that fishes that bait exclusively. The glow paint job makes it sink a little faster due to the extra weight. He catches a lot of fish on it!
B&C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2020, 11:16 PM   #12
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon nice

that's cool, times were different then. I figured there was a story or meaning behind it. That was most likely before POC was discovered.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2020, 11:06 AM   #13
pocjetty
I hate rude behavior in a man.

pocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by c hook View Post
that's cool, times were different then. I figured there was a story or meaning behind it. That was most likely before POC was discovered.

I started working real jobs when I was still 14. The day I turned 16 I took the driver's test in the morning and got a paper license. I went straight from there and bought a '68 Mustang. Loaded up my stuff and headed to POC to fish. When I was in high school I would get out of school at 3:30 and head straight down to fish the beach front in POC, or the shell in Powderhorn Lake depending on the time of year. Catch a bunch of fish and still get home in time to do my school work - or at least enough of it to not get in too much trouble.

And, yeah, after I got my first boat there were times I would go into Pringle Lake and never see another boat, or 1-2 boats at the most. POC wasn't undiscovered, but it wasn't over-developed for sure.

When I was a kid, my dad took me down to Ed Bell's place in Indianola. I pestered Ed relentlessly for fishing knowledge. Once he told me that he had a magic lure that would catch fish any time, that he made himself out of a green toothbrush handle. And for a couple of years, I spent all the money I could earn on toothbrushes that I carved and bent and weighted, trying to find the magic design. It taught me a lot about how lures pull, and fall through the water.

Ed told me a lot of things, and I hung on every word. Years later, he became a favorite on the Storyteller's Circuit - he was known for tall tales. I don't think any of the things he told me were make-believe, he just had a way of dressing up the truth. But his story about the toothbrush lure got me more experience with artificial than I would have gotten any other way.
pocjetty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2020, 11:38 AM   #14
EIGHTSKATE
Registered Users-pm+

EIGHTSKATE has been promoted to PirateEIGHTSKATE has been promoted to PirateEIGHTSKATE has been promoted to PirateEIGHTSKATE has been promoted to PirateEIGHTSKATE has been promoted to PirateEIGHTSKATE has been promoted to PirateEIGHTSKATE has been promoted to PirateEIGHTSKATE has been promoted to PirateEIGHTSKATE has been promoted to PirateEIGHTSKATE has been promoted to PirateEIGHTSKATE has been promoted to Pirate
Another very well written great report.

Thank you.
EIGHTSKATE is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2020, 07:23 PM   #15
Aggieangler
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)

Aggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to Pirate
Always love your posts. I had the fever too, at that age, but I was in Central Texas, so I couldn't get to the coast more than once or twice a month, but I went as often as I could. I love reading your Rockport area reports because in HS and College and for few years after, we fished almost only that Aransas Bay System up to Mesquite and South to Shamrock-ish. Then we switched home base to POC/San Antonio Bay as all our CCA buddies had free lodging there. It's nice to know both, although I do not know either as well as you do. Did do some early fishing with Grampa and Dad in POC when Strykers and Original Jeco's was open, which was crazy good times, but Grampa was an anchor/cut bait chunker mostly. I would trade many things to kiss his face and fish any bay in Texas with him for a day, again. Even if it meant I needed an oxygen tank for an hour after eating at Strykers!!!
Aggieangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2020, 06:17 AM   #16
LaddH
Registered Users-pm+

LaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to Pirate
Great report! I appreciate all the effort you spend sharing your knowledge and experiences.
LaddH is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2020, 09:11 PM   #17
pocjetty
I hate rude behavior in a man.

pocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocjetty View Post
One of the coolest things was fishing in the pitch black - no light at all. Those tiny phosphorescent jellyfish would be everywhere at certain times of the year. When a big trout hit, it would make an explosion of light, and you could see the light streaks of other fish darting out of the way. A big fish attack is a pretty violent thing, and it was probably the only way to see evidence of all the stuff going on. Some truly amazing memories.

I really wanted to post this great video. Since I mentioned the bio luminescence in this thread, it seemed like the right place to put it. There's about a 15 second commercial before you get to the good part, but it's worth it. I've seen those wakes of light like that, but I never ran with glowing dolphins.

https://abc7ny.com/dolphins-glowing-...cence/6126327/

I was out floundering one night out by Grass Island, and a squall blew up. I could see that I was going to get wet. I didn't have any wet gear, and no extra clothes. The only thing to do was shallow up, strip down to my underwear, and wait it out. The downdraft off that storm was really, really cold. When it quit raining, I pulled out my dry clothes and started getting dressed. I happened to look up, and there was a rainbow. A full, horizon-to-horizon rainbow by the light of the full moon. It was just like a regular rainbow, except that all the colors were a little muted. People call them "moonbows", but being out in the full darkness, and with nothing to interrupt, it was pretty brilliant.
pocjetty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message