Fees - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Investments and finance
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2018, 08:14 PM   #1
gm
Registered Users-pm+

gm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirate
Fees

So, I have some of my investments with a certified financial planner. It is all in different mutual funds, not trading specific stocks.

I'm getting charged 1.5% by the financial planner. Is that in the norm, or am I paying over market. BTW, performance in general has not been beating indexes funds per my company plan.
gm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2018, 08:53 PM   #2
crabtrap
Electric/Paddle Kayak Fisherman

crabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Pirate
1.5% to planner then another .5-1% for mutual funds management AND load fees (either front or back end....could be up to 5%). They add up fast! I quit that game many years ago and self direct my portfolio buying ETFs and/or growth/dividend stocks. Transfer 50K or better into Fidelity and you get 300 free trades for 3 years so your cost to trade is nada. Got over 20% return last year and this year is doing about the same so far.
crabtrap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2018, 09:15 PM   #3
Bassnducks
Registered Users-pm+

Bassnducks is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm View Post
So, I have some of my investments with a certified financial planner. It is all in different mutual funds, not trading specific stocks.

I'm getting charged 1.5% by the financial planner. Is that in the norm, or am I paying over market. BTW, performance in general has not been beating indexes funds per my company plan.

1.5 is a little high. Should be closer to 1% with a cfp. You can do it yourself for a lot less, takes a lot of time and knowledge. You could always go to a passive investor, look at Personal Capitol or Bettermint. Both good outfits and are less than 1%.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bassnducks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2018, 01:35 AM   #4
Rods&Cones
Registered Users-pm+

Rods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm View Post

Way too much. About twice of the going rate find yourself someone else especially if he can’t beat the index.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rods&Cones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2018, 09:15 AM   #5
fishingcacher
Registered Users-pm+

fishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Pirate
Fidelity is offering zero fee total return funds. In a month ZChase will be offering zero cost trades for up to 100 trades per year.
fishingcacher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2018, 10:52 AM   #6
BullyARed
Registered Users-pm+

BullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to Pirate
Vanguard charges 0.3%.
BullyARed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2018, 12:43 AM   #7
macrobis
Registered Users-pm+

macrobis has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiemacrobis has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiemacrobis has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiemacrobis has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiemacrobis has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiemacrobis has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiemacrobis has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiemacrobis has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiemacrobis has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiemacrobis has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiemacrobis has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
1.5% is pretty steep, other are significantly lower. Even if the financial planner is the best in the industry, the charges should not be that high.
macrobis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2018, 02:13 PM   #8
fangard
www.jacksride.org

fangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Pirate
Fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabtrap View Post
1.5% to planner then another .5-1% for mutual funds management AND load fees (either front or back end....could be up to 5%). They add up fast! I quit that game many years ago and self direct my portfolio buying ETFs and/or growth/dividend stocks. Transfer 50K or better into Fidelity and you get 300 free trades for 3 years so your cost to trade is nada. Got over 20% return last year and this year is doing about the same so far.

If it is a fee based account, they are no load funds and usually institutional shares that carry lower expenses. There won’t be a commission and a fee charged.
fangard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message