Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Bow Hunting Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2014, 01:23 PM   #1
Dallas157
Registered Users-pm+

Dallas157 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
New crossbow

I just got a Barnett Predator and this thing is powerful. I was going to get a quad 400, but Wal-Mart had these for under 450 plus tax. Does anybody have any experience with this bow? What kind of effective distance am i looking at, and if i shoot from ground level am i going to find the arrow after it passes through?
Dallas157 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
hog_down
Registered Users-pm+

hog_down has been promoted to Piratehog_down has been promoted to Piratehog_down has been promoted to Piratehog_down has been promoted to Piratehog_down has been promoted to Piratehog_down has been promoted to Piratehog_down has been promoted to Piratehog_down has been promoted to Piratehog_down has been promoted to Piratehog_down has been promoted to Piratehog_down has been promoted to Pirate
I have a Barnett Quad 400 and I dont have much experience shooting animals with it, but I can group pretty well at 40 yards. Hope this helps
hog_down is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2014, 08:55 AM   #3
yep
Registered Users-pm+

yep has been promoted to the rank of Privateeryep has been promoted to the rank of Privateeryep has been promoted to the rank of Privateeryep has been promoted to the rank of Privateeryep has been promoted to the rank of Privateeryep has been promoted to the rank of Privateeryep has been promoted to the rank of Privateeryep has been promoted to the rank of Privateeryep has been promoted to the rank of Privateeryep has been promoted to the rank of Privateeryep has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Bought a Quad 400 about a month ago, have not had a chance to shoot anything with it besides targets. My son shot a 50 lb hog at ground level with a wicked ridge warrior from about 20 yards, the bolt and rage broadhead never even slowed down, couldn't find the arrow. The quad 400 and predator are faster than the wicked ridge, so I would imagine you may spend time looking for arrows. Not sure if they will pass through on really big hogs, but I would expect them to. They are very accurate and fun to shoot.
yep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2014, 11:10 PM   #4
Shady Walls
Registered Users-pm+

Shady Walls has been promoted to PirateShady Walls has been promoted to PirateShady Walls has been promoted to PirateShady Walls has been promoted to PirateShady Walls has been promoted to PirateShady Walls has been promoted to PirateShady Walls has been promoted to PirateShady Walls has been promoted to PirateShady Walls has been promoted to PirateShady Walls has been promoted to PirateShady Walls has been promoted to Pirate
I got a Parker, shot hogs, deer. Crossbows are loud. A deer will duck, or jump a bolt. My longest shot has been about 25 yards, usually shoot about 15 yards or less. Got a pic in album. I started using a crossbow as soon as they were legal, sold my compound because I'm getting older an got a bad shoulder. It is a challenge to get game close. Can hit bullseye at 40+ yards, and missed at 25 because they ducked my bolt.
Shady Walls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message